*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844474-Perplexed
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#844474 added March 19, 2015 at 2:02am
Restrictions: None
Perplexed
I probably have little or no reason to be perplexed, but I am.

I am currently employed by Allied Barton at Sprint. I am a mobile and am able to pay the bills. I am on the downhill part of my journey and there are all these young people clamoring for attention and there I am frustrated. I do not like the idea of kids nineteen and younger telling me what to do and yet that is what I have to look forward to.

Even as I speak an eighteen year old aspires to be a supervisor and a person a year older has been promoted.

It does not help to not be able to get along with the nineteen year old. I perceive him as arrogant and a know it all.

I guess I will see what will happen. The older younger supervisors already in place say give the kid a chance. My senior officer in his seventies is already doing all he can to work another shift. He says succinctly, "I can not stand him." Allied Barton will have a workshop tomorrow to help prepare the way for the kid under the auspices of learning to get along of with each other. The newly appointed supervisor will of course not be in attendance.

I sit stewing. Yet at the same time I have no desire to be a supervisor. I am a caregiver and pastor in waiting. I am hit smack in the face by my own ideals. I fear he will find grounds to fire me. The reality is that I have not yet given him a chance. At the moment I am perplexed and my guess is this will not change until the day of his coronation begins.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844474-Perplexed