*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844508-Three-the-tri-of-it-all
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#844508 added March 29, 2015 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Three, the tri of it all.
The three, 3, tri, - features strongly everywhere:

Let us see -

There are way too many, let us skip those, and get down to business.

1. The kids bought their first house.
2. Our one home was sold finally this week, that means the fat lady sang ♫♪ $$$ in the bank.
3. The current issue of the water solved when a penny dropped, loud and clear - the law is on our side.

Now for the following three, waits ...

Who said things come in threes ?

The good, the bad, and the ugly, hope not.

Morning - noon - and night. We wait.

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow - time passes by.

We are born, we live, and pass away - that is the cycle of life.

In 1947, Heyerdahl and five fellow adventurers sailed from Peru to the Tuamotus, French Polynesia, in a pae-pae raft they constructed from balsa wood and other native materials, and christened the Kon-Tiki.

We all start our journey at a given date, develop according to set markers - cut teeth at x months; crawl, walk, talk, etc at given times, then we become 'adults'.

Already we differ in certain ways, manners are formed, outlooks set, and a future is seen, all in the distance.

The span of man is said to be threescore and ten. And more is there, if blessings or curse is given, time will tell.

Some say we will plan our way to there, some are sent, and there are those who wait and see what time and tide may bring.

I get a stone, park myself on it, and wait - time will tell, (think about the Thinker), one day - soon - I will get a plan, then life will make sense.



As with many other Biblical phrases, this was picked up by Shakespeare. In Macbeth, 1605, we have:

Threescore and ten I can remember well:
Within the volume of which time I have seen
Hours dreadful and things strange; but this sore night
Hath trifled former knowings.












.





© Copyright 2015 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844508-Three-the-tri-of-it-all