*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845672-April-and-all-the-fools
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#845672 added April 13, 2015 at 7:12am
Restrictions: None
April, and all the fools.

This is the month of plenty for me.
I can reflect back on the year, consider, my new year starts this month.

The year of the CHICKEN, nothing great held out for me. (according to the Chinese calender)

World War 2 came to an end seventy years ago.

All 'cause of my birth - the world gave up, it surrendered, it could not go on any more.
Enough was enough, there I was.

And Hitler bowed out, some one at least noticed.

The past year was a year of plenty off-spring, this is what we live for, the pinnacle of being - children !

and the blessing of seeing them all.

The time of the 'Walkers' - the pigeons are booking in again as losers in the war of Farmers vs Rock Pigeons.
Already quite a few there, even a few doves. Some will possibly fly again, and some will stay on as house-guests. There is still one feral pigeon from last season, as a guest.

A special treat today, as two fish eagles passed over the house, on their way somewhere else.
They spent a fair amount of time circling above us, calling their distinctive call.
"Sorry, no fish today, as a matter of fact, we have hardly any puddles for the frogs."

It was a bad year for frogs.

The rain was never enough to allow the odd earth dams to fill, and the 'marsh' never became a marsh.
This marsh is called a 'vlei', Mahemsvlei; 'Marsh of the Mahem', i.e. Mahem's-marsh.
The Mahem is also called a Grey Crowned Crane.
The last time these cranes were seen here, was back in the 90's when there was flood, well, a flood for this area.

Consider, this area is to be called flat, why, one can see yesterday, today, and tomorrow, all at the same time.


As the marsh is dry, so is the war of the 'WATER'; this matter is dragging on, and on, and on, and --- OKAY, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!

Books:

The latest additions were from a business called OLD & NEW, where they sell more old and renovate, till stuff looks new.

Some one emptied their grand parent's bookshelf; have a look -

1908 - War in the Air : H G Wells
1936 - Payable Gold : J A S Gray. F.I.C. History on the South African gold fields.
1937 - Crowns over England : H H Mathams. Coronation of King Edward VI
1934 - Trail Dust : C E Mulford. Hopalong Cassidy (if you need to ask ? google)

all mine ... adds to my hoard (i need a emo here)













© Copyright 2015 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845672-April-and-all-the-fools