*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844692-Day-22--Max-Makes-the-News
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#844692 added March 22, 2015 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
Day 22: Max Makes the News
The Sunday News!





Pick a random article from the headlines and talk about it. Share your opinions and feelings about it. Encourage a conversation.








Blog City: Prompt: Do you believe the adage that bad news sells better than good news? Do you find yourself getting more response to negative posts than positive ones?





I refuse to read the paper or watch the news because most of it is just people being mean to each other and I refuse to participate. We all need some good news. I chose this headline because I hear so many complaints about the kids these days and it is time to set the record straight. Here is an example of a good kid. When the kids are doing well, we need those types of things to go viral. We need to shut down the hurtful/hateful attention, to encourage the attention in the right direction.





Minnetonka boy, 12, advances to national spelling bee in D.C.


Twelve-year-old Max Meyer of Minnetonka secured his spot at a national spelling bee Saturday when he won the 7-County Metro Area Regional Spelling Bee held at Augsburg College.


Max, a student at Minnetonka Middle School, won the regional competition in the 14th round by correctly spelling the words "electrolyte" and "transenna."


Max was one of 47 students from 47 schools who competed in Saturday's spelling bee. Participants included students from elementary, middle and junior high schools, community and magnet schools, private and home schools, according to organizers.


Max is headed to Washington, D.C., May 24 to 29 for the Scripps National Spelling Bee.


He beat out last year's regional winner, Mark Kivimaki, 13, of Valley View Middle School in Edina, who was eliminated in the 13th round for misspelling "badigeon."





© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844692-Day-22--Max-Makes-the-News