*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844713-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#844713 added March 22, 2015 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Not much time to write in here again today, but I want to get something logged, it's been two days already without anything. There just hasn't been a lot of time, and it's going to worse in a couple of weeks if things don't change. This last week has been tough, but it actually started back on the twelfth of the month. I had to stick around a while after work and wait to do an interview. She showed up on time and the interview was over in about a half an hour, but I had to talk to store management and then do a bit of work back at the guardhouse, so it took just over an hour.

Then it was scheduling and setting up training, getting the new person some clothing to wear for training, and all that fun stuff. I did have a few days after this without added work, but being the weekend, I had a lot of traffic over my shift, and being behind on sleep, I was so tired I couldn't do much.

Then, on Thursday of last week, we started her training. Again, I had to stick around after work and take care of a bunch of paperwork. I went over to Target and looked around for an hour, thinking that would be enough time for the new gal to get most of the forms signed and dated. But, I ended up having to wait another hour, because it was busy and training was going slow. I helped out as much as I could until I had all the paperwork for her finished.

Then I went through everything and added my signatures and dated it all, double checking things. Of course, she missed a signature, so I had to go back to the guardhouse and get that one form signed, then back to the store to send it all as a fax to the office. This burned up my afternoon, and again I didn't get time for much else.

On Friday, I had her scheduled to come in for training at noon, but I got done at eleven. I had planned on going right home, but since the trainee had forgot to bring in her Social Security Card, I had to wait around for her to come in, so I could finish up the paperwork and send the I-9 and copies of her drivers license and Social Security Card to the office.

But, she didn't show up. Instead I got a text from her stating she was sorry but she was taking a different job. One day of training and she was gone. So, I had to notify store management again, then call my boss in Iowa and let him know. After I went back to the guardhouse to update the schedules and let Rhonda know. So much for having another guard hired, she lasted all of four hours, then dumped on us.

Saturday I was beat, so I ended up taking a nap. Between the added work of hiring and setting things up, not getting enough sleep, and the stress of it all, not to mention the stress of having her dump on us after all this, I was exhausted.

Today, I don't have to be to work for another hour, but spent most of the day doing paperwork and trying to get caught up on everything. In another two weeks, another person is leaving, he quit for a different job, so we are looking at being short two people. At the same time, in three weeks, we start double coverage and need to pick up another twelve hours someplace. I don't know how, we are all going to be maxed out and pushing into overtime in two weeks.

Now, I have forty minutes to get ready for work and drive in.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844713-Sunday