*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844804-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#844804 added March 23, 2015 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
In a rush again today, so no time to sit down and write in here. Even so, I'm going to take a few minutes to get a short entry done. I did this yesterday and it caused me to be twelve minutes clocking in. But, since I'm the boss and it's been just nuts with being short on help, hiring, training, and paperwork, I guess I can be a few minutes late once in a while.

Today I don't have to be to work until five tonight, but I have to give an interview at three-thirty. It's two-forty as I type. I still need to change cloths and get my shit together, then drive twenty-five miles. I won't have any time after the interview to come back home, and it would be a waste of gas, so I'll just hang out for a bit until it's time for work. Hopefully this person works out better than the last, who trained one day, which is a total of four hours, then decided to take a different job, or so she claimed.

I spent the morning with Rhonda, talking, drinking coffee and having a nice brunch, then when she left for work, I started scanning the hire packet for work. I got copies from my boss, but there is nothing online I can put on my computer. Many of the copies aren't the best, a little slant, and all black and white, but it's the best I have, so it will have to do. I'm hoping they eventually put all paperwork and forms online so we can download them as needed. It would be a big step to make things easier, since the office is in a different state.

But, at least now I saved on my computer, and in the clouds. This makes my job a little easier, I can just print off copies as I need them, and I can fill in much of the information from my computer before printing them. Typing instead of writing things out will be more professional, and speed up things a lot. This alone can save me a lot of time. But, for today, I don't have any time to fill in information, and am not sure how the interview will go.

If it goes well, I'm likely to hire on the spot and start paperwork right away. If not, well it's not like I have a lot of options available, so lets just hope he fits our needs and wants the job. I have less than two weeks left to hire and train someone to fill the last vacancy, and then I will have another open. That's three people to work in the place of five. Also, the week after that, we start double coverage, and that means a temp position open for the summer.

In other words, we are working four people in place of five right now. We would be alright, except one is very limited and cannot pick up any other times. The other is unable to work any earlier until school is out. So, it's two of us, Rhonda and me who are covering the vacant position. In less than two weeks, the morning guard is leaving, and it will be just three of us to cover for five, and then a week later, another shift becomes available, and it will be three guards covering for six.

If everyone is willing to work more hours, we can cover it with five, but there's little room for anyone to miss. But, like I said, there will only be three, and one of us is limited to some degree. Not a good situation, and getting worse by the day. But, if this person works out, we will have a little help. Even so, he has another job and only is available part-time, so we will still be in need of another person soon.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844804-Monday