*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844979-STRANGE-AND-DREAMLIKE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#844979 added March 26, 2015 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
STRANGE AND DREAMLIKE
Blog City Prompt: Surrealism means writer, author combines unrelated images or events in a strange dreamlike way. Have you ever had this experience?


Oh yeah. In Apex Project when my characters began to have memory flashes from past lives, it became very surrealistic. Sometimes they would wake from a dream and almost see double--- past life and now---at the same time. I really liked writing with this idea and style.

Then when I walk down one of the narrow, main streets of Belize City on a cruise ship day, the entire array of people is total surrealism. From beggars and addicts panhandling the fancy tourists to slick taxi drivers moving strangely dressed cruise folks off on tours to whatever. The mix of languages, voices, races and skin colors, the crazy traffic and a city still trying to find itself, for certain is strange and unreal. The tourist village is filled with diamond shops, and the locals are banned. There are lots of open holes in the sidewalks where the ditch covers are broken. I worry about a tourist falling through. (after buying diamonds)

Typical day with four cruise ships can put six-thousand tourists into the country in a few hours. The entire exercise is hard to imagine. I wear my dark glasses and walk through as in a dream.

Life is so interesting...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844979-STRANGE-AND-DREAMLIKE