*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845087-ARE-YOU-A-PERMANENT-RECORD
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#845087 added March 27, 2015 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
ARE YOU A PERMANENT RECORD?
Blog City Prompt: How do you determine what you want to share from your life in your blog? I've noticed more and more lately outside of WDC, that more and more blogs are showing their families, their homes. Should we be concerned about how much we put out there? What are the risks?


I guess, slowly over time and many, many blog posts, little bits of personal history become part of the permanent record. If you've ever seen the extremely long list of Red Flag Words that can trigger someone out there to focus in on you or one of your followers or family...it's not nice or comfortable. But from the list of words, there is nothing you can talk about, no matter how innocent, that is not on the list somewhere. Paranoia to the extreme!

Edward Snowden has done his best to alert the world that nothing is private any longer. There are agencies looking for enemies, or friends of possible enemies, or families of friends of possibles, or schools, or specific classes, or professors, or...? There is no end to what is possible so they feel they must watch everything.          What are the risks? Your decision.

So I say, if you have a secret, never put it in writing, never tell anyone. Remember that behavior that feels OK when you're nineteen may be used against you when you are forty. And somewhere out there, a file of ALL your emails is being compiled and archived. They are very interested in your DNA as well.

See what I've written here has dozens of red flag words. Do you see how they'd like to intimidate you into writing nothing but cute stories about fluffy bunnies that have no sex?

I say, let the rabbits run! >>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845087-ARE-YOU-A-PERMANENT-RECORD