*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845159-WHAT-IS-THE-NEWS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#845159 added March 28, 2015 at 1:56pm
Restrictions: None
WHAT IS 'THE NEWS'?
Blog City Prompt: Which way is better: getting all of our news at a single point or two in the day, or the birth of the 24/7 news cycle, with news being reported all day long?


Unless there is a really important event, the 24/7 news is the news of yesterday repeated over and over from the same master script. And true or not it is given the all-important tone and never questioned.

Very early in the morning, the news that hits the wires during the night and new reports and editorials are all accumulated and published. The financial news is filtered and massaged as the markets open in London, then New York and much later, Tokyo.

Outside of the American bubble of control, there is news all the time as it is happening. After all, it is daylight somewhere in the world at every minute. Most of the war news comes from alternative media and foreign news services.

The Government, the lobbies, political parties, the alphabet agencies, the churches, the opposition groups, the shadow government organizations, and foreign governments ALL have their own agendas that feed and edit the news materials.

So I believe it is wrong to say "get the news," it is more correct to say that you are GIVEN all the news of the day.

What you chose to believe and accept is at your discretion. The old saying about the grain of salt does seem to apply. Especially now when so many voices are using the words, World War III.

There is a lot of silliness, a lot of insanity, but no jokes!
This is a very serious topic and I despair at having to write about it.

Peace and love must be our intent...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845159-WHAT-IS-THE-NEWS