*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845196-Day-29--Palm-Sunday-News
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#845196 added March 29, 2015 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
Day 29: Palm Sunday News
The Sunday News!





Pick a random article from the headlines and talk about it. Share your opinions and feelings about it. Encourage a conversation.








Today is Palm Sunday. May many blessings find you and enfold you. My prayer is that you recognize the blessings and claim them as yours -- for you are given free will to make your own choices to either claim them or reject them.





Pope Francis Leads Palm Sunday Procession Ahead of Holy Week





The Associated Press





Pope Francis has walked solemnly through St. Peter's Square in a Palm Sunday procession to usher in Holy Week ahead of Easter.


Francis clutched a palm frond for the religious service, celebrated outside St. Peter's Basilica. In keeping with the simple tone of his two-year-old papacy, Francis leaned on a plain wooden pastoral staff instead of a traditionally more ornate one as he stood under a red canopy on the basilica steps.


Francis and other prelates at the Mass wore bright red vestments to recall Jesus' death by crucifixion. Tens of thousands of faithful held olive branches during Mass under a brilliantly blue sky.


Tourists and pilgrims have poured into Rome, and many will follow the pope's Way of the Cross service at the Colosseum Friday.



© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845196-Day-29--Palm-Sunday-News