*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845258-Day-30--Something-to-make-you-smile
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#845258 added March 30, 2015 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Day 30: Something to make you smile
Wildcard Monday...Day 30! You made it!





What to you is more rewarding...the journey, or the destination?






The destination. I like enjoying dessert more than prepping the meal. But that’s just me. Now, I want to tell you what happened yesterday.


My family is full swing for Easter celebrations. We were coming home from the in-law's early Easter celebration and I am toodling along at 65 MPH. That's when I hear Tom (my husband) say, "Oh, no, he got you." I'm like: Who got me? What did I do? I am looking all over and that’s when I notice the red and blue lights in the rear view mirror. Tom said, “This is a 55 and you were going 65.” Dang! So I get to wait for the local law enforcement to pull up behind me. I was going to roll the window down right away, but that cross wind was nasty, so I only rolled it down when the officer started his stroll up to my door. When he got to my window to ask for license and registration, I tell him my license is in my purse in the backseat. He checks and stands back to let me get it out. It is still sticky stuff tacked to the paper it came on. He said: "So that's a new license?" I said, "Yes. Happy birthday to me." He kind of smiles and asked me if I knew the speed limit was 55. I said he did (pointing to my husband and grabbing the insurance card Tom was handing me). The officer is like: "So it's his fault you were speeding?" I said, "No, I meant that he told me to pull over because he knew what the speed limit was." Since the last activity on my record was blowing a stop sign 12 years ago, he did not want to put a blemish on my otherwise clean record, he let me go with a warning. Happy birthday to me!


As we are pulling out, hubby says: Keep it at 55 because they radio ahead in these parts. Three miles down the road we found the unmarked spotter car. That was funny.






© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845258-Day-30--Something-to-make-you-smile