*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845724-I-Talk-To-The-Animals--And-The-Plant-People
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#845724 added April 3, 2015 at 5:45pm
Restrictions: None
I Talk To The Animals. And The Plant People.
Like most little boys, I've been putting insects in jars ever since I can remember.  Some were even bugs, (Order, Hemiptera - True Bugs).  Not many could talk but I do remember a few.  I used to let them out at first - after they told me everything they had to say, which was sometimes considerable, but then I decided I wanted to keep them.  And so began my lifelong fascination with insects and the collection thereof.  I did continue to talk to them before they were dispatched - I even took a college course in Honey Bee communication and learned a lot about the nature, the environment, and life in general from them.  I made my first collection for 9th grade biology class and gave them away over the ensuing years.  My next extensive collection was for an Entemology course at Broward Community College in Ft. Lauderdale in the early 1970s.  The teacher liked it so much he asked if I would donate it to the school. So I did.  I started a new collection in 2010.  It's growing larger and larger.  I still talk to them often.  But it's mostly their little ghosts that do the answering.

And now for floral conversations.  I wont go too deeply into their thoughts right now.  They should start a blog of their own.  I do listen to them a lot.  I have always loved collections, so when I started my latest insect collection I also started collecting plants.  I have hundreds of specimens in my herbarium which  I've mounted to museum quality specifications.  It gets noisy as hell in here when all the insects and flowers start talking all at once. - Sometime I'll have to tell you about my reptile and amphibian collections.


I wrote a lot when I was gone.  I'll be posting lots of stuff in this blog as I go along.  Some things I'll putting directly into my port.  I'll indicate here when something should turn up there.


Jan. 9, 2015 -- Jan 17, 2015

  i'm a little bit worried, I haven't been able to write, I'm not sure why, but I think maybe I'm afraid to, but probably not, probably just a mechanical problem - it seems as though I've been thinking ok and when I've been writing stuff in my head and say it back to myself it sounds ok but then when I go to read it I can't find it, you know those little rolling areas of your brain? like little curved tablets? that's where I mentally write stuff down as I'm thinking it and when I go back and look for it I'm not seeing it, so I'm trying to use a pencil but it's so dark I don't know if I'll be able to find it when the sun comes up, or if the sun is gonna come up again, I'm pretty sure I'm awake because I'm listening to the radio and the best of car talk is on and I was laughing for a while, maybe I'm dreaming, nope, I bumped my head, hurts, not dreaming, maybe I bumped my head before and it swelled up and the swelling stretched out the convoluted slimy little tablets I been writing on in my brain, maybe all those words are gone for good, I guess what I'm going now is that automatic writing stuff, know what I mean? that supernatural stuff where your hand just moves by itself while you just sit there with a dazed look on your face, I mean I have the dazed look not you - probably - I don't have a mirror, but it's dark and I can't see you , although I don't think anything is supernatural because how coul it be supernatural? what does that mean? gonna be (unknown scribble) to see if I've really written anything here when the sun comes up, if the sun comes up, if I'm actually here - anyway, how can something be supernatural if it's really happening? if you're above nature where are you? heaven maybe, but if you're in heaven doesn't that have to be natural? maybe that's it, then being in hell is subnatural, I wonder what I'll call it if all those curly-curly brain tablets get erased?...........(I think I'll quit here and revisit this next time)....

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845724-I-Talk-To-The-Animals--And-The-Plant-People