*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845829-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#845829 added April 4, 2015 at 6:20pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
The day is half over and vanishing fast. At least I don't have to get up at three tomorrow morning, so I can stay up a little later tonight. Of course, I've been staying up until nine or ten anyway, that's why I've been so damn tired again. But, with another nap in today, I'm feeling a lot better than I have for a while. If I get to bed on time tonight, by nine, I should be feeling pretty rested in the morning.

I think it's going to help not working every different shift, too. I have a feeling I will feel better even though I will be working more hours and more days. It's interesting how jumping all over the schedule can mess a person up. I'm going to be just working days for a while, until we get another person hired. We had one person come in today and tried a different approach to using the tablet, and it worked fine. Now, he can finish his training, test, and if he passes, start working. Of course, he won't be able to work on his own, because of the problems his disability cause, but maybe in time he will be able to. For now, he will fill out need for a double coverage person.

Also, Rhonda is going to give an interview on Monday, before she starts work. If this guy can work the hours we need, I should be able to get some time off. It may be only one day, but it's better than nothing. Rhonda has some ideas, and he may be willing to work a couple of long days; if so, we will have our schedule covered and we will get two days off, together. Now, if this just works the way it's suppose to, and no more of this training one day and then they quit.

As for my day, it was rough! It started out slow, and I had a pretty good morning. Even so, I had to go to the bathroom, but not bad enough to call anyone out to give me a break. By eight-thirty, I was starting to get stomach cramps, and started thinking I would have to call. But, the head-cashier was out around a quarter past nine, like usual. I took a little longer in the bathroom than normal, but really didn't go very much. I had a lot of pressure, but just could not go to the bathroom.

I went back out to work, and did good until about ten, a half hour later. The stomach cramps came back, worse than ever. I had Rhonda coming in around  ten-thirty so we could try a few things out with the guy we are training, and I was glad she came in early. Even so, she did the work with the trainee, while I ran out to take care of yard traffic. By eleven-thirty, she was done with the trainee, and I was able to go clock out and use the bathroom again. I barely made it, but again, only got a slight bit of pressure relieved.

It was busy so I stuck around until just past noon, then came home. It's been a couple of runs to the bathroom, and I am feeling a little better, but still have a lot of pressure built up. I don't know what it was, but something really did a number on the digestive system. Rhonda was feeling much the same when she got to work, so I'm sure it was something we ate yesterday. the only thing we can think of, and we both agree, is the ham.

I just hope this works through our system quickly, and we feel better by tomorrow. We have a long day tomorrow, I work the first half, she the second, and then it's back up early on Monday. The only bright side to that is Sundays the store opens at eight instead of five, and closes at eight instead of ten.  Even so, we are scheduled to work every day, and will continue to work seven days a week until we get someone hired.

So, now is not a good time to get sick, as if there ever is a good time. But, to get sick now is not just to feel like crap, but to have to work while feeling so crappy. With three of us, we are stretched beyond the limits, and there just isn't anyway to take any time off. Staying positive, I'll close this out saying, I'll have to change that on Monday, when the trainee passes his test, and the guy Rhonda interviews, takes the job.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845829-Saturday