*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845926-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#845926 added April 5, 2015 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a wonderful day, and for those who don't, I hope you also had a great Sunday. Even though I do celebrate Easter, it was not a real holiday for either Rhonda or myself. We work Sundays, and today wasn't anything different. We are on a different schedule, but it's just flipped around, I work opening and she works closing. That means I get done when she comes on, so there isn't really any time for us today, or any Sunday for that matter.

Even so, it was a pretty good day. It was slow at work, and those who were out shopping all thought it was terrible we have to work on Easter. It's funny, because we are there because of our jobs, they are there because they wanted to be. Yet, they think it's terrible that we have to work on Easter instead of getting the day off and getting to stay home with family. Of course, I don't tell them if they stayed home, I wouldn't have to work.

It's also funny just how many people were out and about today. I know some were going or coming from friends and family, but others were out looking for stores to shop at. Tough luck today, just about everything was closed, except for us. Even we weren't very busy, as I mentioned. By two this afternoon, we had about twenty people come through the yard. In talking with them, most stated they did not have to be there, and wouldn't have come but they seen the store was open.

This is sad. Why were they out and about to even see the store was open, and just because it was, why stop? Because they don't want to spend time with friends and family? I know there are some who don't have much for family, and for them, I really do feel bad. But most of the people today had family with; at least a spouse. Now, why not take a day and spend it with your partner?

I asked one person who came in for some sheet rock if he was putting this up today. He said no, not on Easter. His tone indicated he thought I was nuts for even asking. Another was getting some shingles and tar-paper. Being terribly windy today, I jokingly stated that he should tie himself to the chimney when he puts them on. He looked at me like I had lost my mind, then stated, "I'm not putting these on until the temperature is into the seventies."

I suppose not, but then why are these people out getting this stuff on Easter? It's sad to think that so many people cannot stay home and enjoy family. It's sad to think that so many people cannot stay home and enjoy self. It comes down to having to go someplace and find some kind of stimulation because they just can't enjoy life anymore. It seems like more and more people have to be doing something all the time, or they are miserable.

Me, I would have loved to have the day off and just spent it with Rhonda and the dogs. It doesn't matter what we are doing, or if we are doing anything at all. We can talk for hours, we can enjoy cards, or games. Watching a television show or a movie is good if we just want to vegetate and relax, but even then we are snuggled up to each other and more in tune to the other than the show. Sometimes we just sit and snuggle up, listen to music, and talk, or sing along. Other times it may be cooking something together, or just sitting out by a fire and watching the evening sky.

Of course, working so many hours again, and being so tired has me unable to do what I would like to do when I'm home alone. No, I don't want to go socialize, or watch television, I want to write. I can spend hours writing. I also like to just putz around with stuff, and can spend a lot of time in many different projects, alone, content, and totally absorbed in my task. But, my passion is to write, and I would love to have the time to do just that.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845926-Sunday