*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846359-Comings-and-Goings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#846359 added April 9, 2015 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
Comings and Goings
It's that time thing again. Last week I spent three days with my sister and they were over in the blink of an eye and this week three days with the grand monsters seem to have lasted a month. Yes, I love my grandkids and feel guilty I don't enjoy them more, but the reasons are long and complicated.

Sis and I enjoyed a lovely day in Nottingham when she arrived and found a gorgeous new restaurant, where it was fine enough to sit outside for a meal. The following day we decided on a long walk hunting out some geocaches along the way, but it pimply sissed down all day, though we still enjoyed it, managed those ten thousand steps and found three caches. Sadly the following day I was waving goodbye to her when she boarded the train home.

Son and family didn't visit on Sunday as they'd be coming over to stay on the Monday so as the weather was fine I decided to abandon housework, put on my walking boots and set off on a route near home I haven't tackled in a long time. Another ten thousand steps and two more geocaches into the bargain.

Monday the family arrived and the usual chaos ensued with knobs on as Mey Ling prepared for her trip to Cambodia. Paul took her and Bobby down to London on Tuesday where they stayed in a hotel overnight. Bobby wasn't too well, but looked happy and smiling when we saw them on FaceTime prior to the plane taking off. They are now in Sihanoukville and hopefully safe and well.

Meanwhile Nanna and Granddad were left to entertain Angel, Dylan and Tommy the cat during their absence. The weather has been remarkably fine and we've taken them out and about, but they are hard work especially with hubby on crutches. Another blow we received from his specialist is that there is no chance of him getting a knee replacement this year, so it looks like crutches, clacking, little mobility or space for a long time to come. I'm not unsympathetic, but my ability to cope with everything is becoming rather precarious.

Paul returned yesterday and after a marathon packing up session and a bit of an altercation with Dylan they set off home. No doubt we'll be helping out with the children and on their home front quite a lot during Mey Ling's absence. Dylan's behaviour is causing some concern, but hopefully he'll calm down in time and with the return to school next week.

So, that was the week that was. A lot of travels, visits, activity, stress and anxiety and now I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going either.

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846359-Comings-and-Goings