*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847269-Spontaneity-Update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#847269 added April 19, 2015 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
Spontaneity Update
I haven't forgotten my resolve to live more spontaneously, but as with most other things life has an annoying habit of getting in the way.

With the advent of better weather and lighter nights I have managed a couple of unplanned long walks which have included seeking out a few geocaches. With Mey Ling and Bobby in Cambodia we have spent more time than usual looking after the other two children which has limited plans to some extent.

Last Friday was a beautiful day so I decided to take the bus to a neighbouring town to explore the shops and find more caches. As I stood at the bus stop our son called on my mobile to say he was taking the children to Matlock as they were still on holiday from school and wanted to take advantage of the good weather. Would we like to join them? So my own plans went to the wind, but I guess it can still be classed as a spontaneous event even if it cost an arm and a leg in ice creams and dining out.

The weekend looked free to do something different until our son decided he'd like a night out with an old school friend and could he and the children stay over Saturday night? Spontaneous again, but not exactly what I had in mind. On Sunday the whole family decided to meet up for a meal to celebrate hubby's birthday the following day. Spontaneous for sure, but the bill headed my way as expected so another arm and a leg lost.

Monday was such a lovely day I decided to abandon any other plans and tackle some much needed jobs in our garden. Spontaneity in this case led to feeling overheated, back ache and sore fingers from rose thorns.

My writing class finished before Easter and if I’m honest it was neither inspirational or informative, but three friends and I decided we’d continue to meet up once a week at each other’s houses and attempt to inspire each other. On the strength of the fine weather forecast I decided to walk to the first meeting which was a few miles away. The weather forecasters got it wrong so I arrived frozen, wet from the showers with aching feet and an overdose of traffic fumes for my spontaneity.

So here’s another weekend, the sun is shining and guess what? The grand monsters have arrived as son has some catching up to do at work. Hubby has also spontaneously passed on his latest cold bugs to me, so now I’m lacking energy as well as time.

Sometimes I feel like I could be a victim of spontaneous combustion.

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847269-Spontaneity-Update