*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847220-Do-Zombies-Fantasize-of-Two-Headed-Humans
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2035345
Day-to-day musings and wonderings of an infected mind.
#847220 added April 17, 2015 at 7:03pm
Restrictions: None
Do Zombies Fantasize of Two-Headed Humans
**yes before anyone yells, the title is an homage Phillip K. Dicks story – “Do Cyborgs Dream of Electric Sheep”

Hi…sorry I haven’t been around for a bit, things have been a bit crazy in the ZombeeLuv domicile. Some good, some bad…all crazy!!!

Last weekend, Zombee and I went up to Seattle for some much needed date, adult, away from everything time.

I took this picture while we were headed back home.
Seattle on our way out of town on 4/11/2015

So I mentioned on my Newsfeed that I am reading a book called Wonderbook. It is really amazing if you haven’t heard of it. A lot of what it talks about is creativity and perspective.

Perspective is that thing that can make two people go through the exact same experience, but experience it differently. Roller-coasters, tennis matches, scary movies, philatelic conventions, zombies…these things aren't everyone’s cup of tea – and would result in varying responses from any random group of twenty people who were made to attend them.

Creativity is that little niggle inside of us that allows us to create art, see the world differently and wonder when we are made to attend philatelic conventions what it would be like for a zombie tennis match to invade the space using a roller coaster – just saying.

There are so many things around us that if we shift our perspective on them just a bit, they can give us inspiration for creativity.

Wonderbook suggests walking around with a way to record these “ah-ha” moments so that when you are ready to comment pen to paper you have sources to pull from. The book also mentions that creativity must be fed and nurtured so that it can be allowed to expand, grow and reach its full potential.

I am not at the point where I am keeping a dream journal by the side of my bed…mostly because Zombee likes to give me math problems right as I am trying to fall asleep…she thinks it is funny that I will answer her correctly or correct myself while the sandman is beating me upside my head trying to get my attention. But I am starting to take pictures and write down a lot more things that seem or feel inspirational. Here is just one from my trip last Saturday:
Wall art outside the Value Village on Capital Hill, Seattle, WA

So what makes you inspired? How does your perspective work with your creativity? And if nothing else…how did you like my pictures? I took them with my phone, I think they came out pretty darn good!!

**BTW before anyone tries to defend my girlfriend by saying it is rude that I call her a Zombee...she is the one who says she loves me for my brains, therefore she insists that she is the Zombee I love. *Heart*

Zombie Survival Tip of the Day:

Zombies are not your friends...if they aren't eating you its either because you don't have a brain or they are full.


Zombie Signature for PDG

© Copyright 2015 ZombeeLuv (UN: zombeeluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ZombeeLuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847220-Do-Zombies-Fantasize-of-Two-Headed-Humans