*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847368-ENDING-OF-CATCHING-UP
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#847368 added April 19, 2015 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
ENDING OF CATCHING UP
      3-25-15


Book Finished:  The Buried Giant  by  Kazuo Ishigawa

      CULTURAL GENOCIDE
It was committed in the name of civilization, power, religion, hate, ignorance and human nature.  I believe the saddest way was by the Christian missionaries who, in their ignorance, destroyed so many real gods.  It continues.  I don't like the homogenized result.

Science is the explanation of interrelationships between mind and matter.  Discovery is the defining of a set of specific relationships.

I do believe that one should only live in the present, but, I also believe that one who studies history, and reads science fiction can have a significantly larger present.

Book Finished:  The Room  by  Jonas Karlson


        3-26-15


Fewer and fewer periods of lucidity, and I seldom remember how long it's been since the last.  That, I guess, is why it seems to be fewer and fewer.  I must hurry before they no longer come.  What will come then?  Nothing?  Periods of non-lucidity?  Is that nothing?  Or just something less?  Or more?  We shall see.

Life is like a movie.  A long series of frames, stored in a can.  You can play the movie over and over and over, as often as you like, or not  --  You can store it in a closet and never play it again.  The film is still there.  All those frames, stored in a can  --  resting on a closet shelf.


        3-27-15


Integration of particle physics and field dynamics.  Is a field the smallest unit with a specific property?  So, can it be said that as particles are units of matter, fields are units of property?  How can the composition of a field be described?  Can the reality, or composition of a particle be described in the same way as that of a field?

      3-28-15  -  3-29-15


As a child I was filled with anxiety.  I remember never being happy.  I was always afraid I might accidentally do something wrong.  Or worried that I had done something wrong.  Not only in the sense of morally wrong, but also wrong in the sense of making simple mistakes, or giving wrong answers to questions.  As I got older I found the fear of wrongness to be my constant companion.  Anxiety controlled my life.  I so feared humiliation that I became right most of the time, and usually able to prove myself right when others thought me wrong.  But for some reason I could never conquer the anxiety.  My rebellion was to purposely do wrong things.  What could I get away with?  How much wrong could I do without others finding out?  I still had the anxiety, but now I also had the excitement of the charade.  My changing philosophy throughout life mirrors my unhappiness and anxiety.  I became happy when I proved to myself that there is no absolute right or wrong.  I know when I'm right.  As long as I am true to my own morality.

Book Finished:  The Unbearable Lightness of Being  by  Milan Kundra


      3-30-15  -  3-31-15


A revolution can sometimes be avoided by the stimulation of evolution.

Book finished:  The Land Of Painted Caves  by  Jean M. Auel



        And that catches my up!!  *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847368-ENDING-OF-CATCHING-UP