*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847484-YOU-THINK-YOUR-SO-SMART
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#847484 added April 20, 2015 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
YOU THINK YOUR SO SMART!
In my opinion, (anyone who knows me, knows I'm extremely opinionated.), but, (you're entitled to your opinion too), I don't think the term 'emotional intelligence' should be used at all.  The word 'intelligent'  has begun to give me nightmares.  Like in IQ tests.  I could rant for hours about the misuse of the word intelligence.  I think it all started when I read the book, "The Bell Curve" - very controversial because people thought it was racist - they saw it as pointing out that there was a significant difference between the intelligence of different groups of people.  I read it as proving that there was no significant difference.  I was *Confused* .  Furthermore, who thinks they are qualified to define intelligence in the first place?!  EMOTION should have nothing to do with intelligence.  I have an EXTREMELY high IQ and I sure wouldn't think of giving up my totally illogical emotions in order to retain it.  So there!  *Smirk*

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847484-YOU-THINK-YOUR-SO-SMART