*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847443-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#847443 added April 19, 2015 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
I started this before I had to run into town to pick up Rhonda, but I got logged out while I was typing it, then my internet and or computer got real slow. Luckily, I copied it and saved before trying to post it. So, here's a quick paste to finish what I started.

Here it is, my first entry in the newly named journal. Along with the change to the name, I want to try and get away from writing about work. It seems my job has kidnapped my life, or at least is trying to, and I need some down time. Why then would I come home, log in, and write about work?

But, that's just what I have been doing. I suppose it's because I spend so much time and thought on my job, it's also because it's front and center for attention. It's going to be a bit difficult to put things on the back burner again, and focus on my life outside of work instead. Old habits are hard to break, even unwanted ones.

But, the time comes when you have to face up to it, make a decision, and then move with it. That's what this is, a new direction to focus me away from writing about work, thinking about work, and getting burned out from work. Also, as a friend suggested, it may free my thoughts up and generate some ideas to write on.

Good suggestions from a very nice lady and a good friend. Thank you.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847443-Sunday