*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847416-Final-Entry-in-Abysmal-Thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#847416 added April 19, 2015 at 6:00pm
Restrictions: None
Final Entry in Abysmal Thoughts
I guess this will be my last entry here, in Abysmal Thoughts. Of course, it won't be my last entry, not by a long shot. Just my last entry in the journal titled Abysmal Thoughts. I'm going to change the name, and of course, that means all my entries in this journal will be under a new title.

It was a suggestion that I try a different name, something that would be more likely to draw someone in, instead of turning them away. That was never the intention, and I had never given it much thought after I had come up with the title. I had intended the term Abysmal to indicate some deep thoughts, but in fact, most people do not grasp that meaning and consider it quite the opposite. Along with my image, it does tend to invoke that impression.

Therefore, I'm going to find another term to indicate what I intended all along, and will likely try another image. This was taken from the edge of my yard some years back, on a foggy morning. I was looking down the road and across the railroad tracks as the sun rose ever higher in the foggy morning sky. I decided to go back in and get the camera, then returned to capture this image. I think something brighter, or at least, not quite so gloomy looking will fit better with a new title.

Now, I have to reply to a few email messages, while I consider various titles, I should make some lunch, and I have a ton of work that's piled up on me. I do plan on returning with another entry for the day, under the new title.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847416-Final-Entry-in-Abysmal-Thoughts