*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847453-Sharing-faith
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#847453 added April 20, 2015 at 1:48am
Restrictions: None
Sharing faith
The sermon today was very pointed. The message was out of James and it talked about dealing with people who make us uncomfortable. The essence of it all was that we were not to play favorites. Everyone deserves to be treated the same. The pastor was real comfortable with the message, even to the extent of saying that he was glad that he was uncomfortable, because he could go out and share with the world what a Christian looked like.

He did not say that exactly. It did come across like we were on a mission to show the world what God's love was really all about. I felt stretched today. Maybe some of you out there can resonate with my angst. I have been dealing with a manager who seems to enjoy nothing better than writing people up. I made the mistake of wearing my brown shoes to work and then berating myself for being such an idiot. I called my wife and told her to rush over with my black shoes. One other employee got written up for wearing brown shoes. I did not want to have the same thing happen to me.

I guess you could say this guy is keeping everyone on their toes. My wife tells me he is God's gift to management. He is not afraid to let people know where he stands. Many of the other managers we had did no write ups. This is new territory for me. I have only been written up once in more than eight years and was written up in the first week he was a supervisor.

I guess I need to suck it up. James would be proud of my perseverance. The young kid has made some fairly big mistakes in his first month of work, which included accusing employees of not doing their jobs. Here I sit typing all this and feeling like an idiot. I remember when I was a supervisor at Osawatomie State Hospital. I needed all manner of credentialing. I have a lot to learn from people like Joe. I guess I will decide to be humble or risk losing my job. I guess that is not the worse thing that could happen. Joe can always find someone better than me. All I can do is share my faith!!!

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847453-Sharing-faith