*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847674-A-WRITERS-RETREAT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#847674 added April 22, 2015 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
A WRITER'S RETREAT?
Blog City Prompt: If you go anywhere for a writing retreat, where would it be and why? What project would you work on there? Do you think you would finish this project?


There were times on top of the mountain in Wyoming in the early summer when the wild flowers were still blooming and the temperature was in the upper 70's. Just enough wind would blow to keep the bugs away. I had an outside worktable with a bench to sit on, and a hammock nearby for those thoughtful moments and a little nap. I could write all day in the shade of those pine trees.

Now for a writer's retreat, that usually implies a group of writers who spend time together talking or just bulls***ting about their work. We had some fine conferences at the Wyoming Writer's Association. Lots of good speakers and presenters plus hours of conversation.

Now I've never been to a real retreat where your work is critiqued and discussed and you do the same for the other writers. That's really concentrated time that can be valuable depending on who's attending and who's hosting. As far as finishing a project, it would have to be a short story. Novels take months or longer. I would love talking about new projects.

However, I've found the best alternative right here on WDC as a member of the WYRM Writers Group. We do serious, in-depth reviews, one chapter at a time, of entire novels. That could mean twenty-five to fifty reviews for a single story. You can be certain that we learn a lot about each other and about our work.

My Apex Project had forty chapters, and Knights of Sparrow will have at least as many. It is not casual. One review is due every week without fail. By their own right, each of the members is a brilliant, creative writer so the interaction is very lively, and productive. Interested writers are always welcome to drop in and see what WYRM is all about.

Write on! >>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small 


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847674-A-WRITERS-RETREAT