*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847821-WANNA-BE-IN-THE-MOVIES
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#847821 added April 23, 2015 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
WANNA BE IN THE MOVIES?
Blog City Prompt: You are chosen to be part of a movie production. You can't be a writer for the movie. What is your job? Producer, Actor, Director or what?


I have been part of about 22 or 23 movie productions (in the distant past of the 70's) I worked as Makeup for individual stars, Sometimes hair, especially men's hair pieces. Was a Property Master, Special Effects, Set Dressing, Set Design, Artistic Director, Casting, Extra Coordination, Wardrobe Prep and handling star's wardrobes. A little lighting. Directed one production for Universal Children's Division.

Out of all of that, I made many friends as a Makeup person, but really liked being Artistic Director and working with director of photography and directors.

It was always very demanding work, terrible schedules with very long hours..But each film developed into a kind of team that worked together. Most of the actors were wonderful.

I also worked years as a choreographer,director, Artistic Director for Regional Theater and dance companies. That's the true love, but the salaries were never very good. Many dear friends came from those years.

There's more, but I'm not saying...

You can enjoy the films and plays without knowing how they went together.

Peace...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847821-WANNA-BE-IN-THE-MOVIES