*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847859-I-BEG-YOUR-PARDON
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#847859 added April 24, 2015 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
I BEG YOUR PARDON?
Blog City Prompt: Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales was set during a spring pilgrimage, was one of the great early contributions to English Literature.
What are some words you use today that would not have been around in the late 1300's? Do you think you'd have a tough time talking with people back then? Why or Why not?


We read it and struggled with the language through tests and finals. But if you really had to talk to Chaucer and his folks---EVERYTHING about Radio, Television, Electronics, Computers,automobiles, airplanes and modern slang would have to be translated.

Even today, grandma and grandpa have a tough time understanding their great grand children when they ask about their phones and tablets and a lot of the social media with it's fast-paced minute by minute updates and contacts.

My grandfather, who was a blacksmith, had to deal with the new automobiles. He became an auto mechanic and made branding irons and horseshoes on the side.

The transition from the 1300's to now is almost unbelievable. What happened? Who taught them about computer chips? Hmmm...?

Now we're still learning about Mister Tesla and his experiments that had been suppressed.

So many secrets floating around our skies, and we barely have words to describe them. Go figure.

Peace...>>>iggy *Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847859-I-BEG-YOUR-PARDON