*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847897-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#847897 added April 24, 2015 at 7:50pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
A long day, and I'm beat. My feet hurt, and I'm just going to put them up and relax for a little while before going of to bed, since I have to be up at three again, and will put in another ten hour day. Sunday is looking like nine hours, and I'm not sure about Monday.

Working so late makes it difficult to eat healthy, and with Rhonda getting done about the same time as me, it was more convenient to just go out for dinner tonight. We both like Chinese foods, and used to go to the local buffet. But, it started getting pretty run down and we kind of lost out appatites for eating there over a year ago. But, a couple people said it had all be redone.

I was told it's under the same people, but they completely remodeled and it was a lot nicer now. I was also told they put in a grilling area, and you pick the meats and vegetables you want grilled, along with the seasonings and sauces. I had eaten in Sioux Falls at a place similar to this, and once you had it figured out, it was kind of fun. Of course, the first time through was kind of rough, but they offered suggestions and by the second time around, I had some idea what went with what.

I thought this would be just as fun, so after work, Rhonda and I headed over to the redone Chinese buffet. It was a little different, but only in the area where they put the grill in and the area for raw foods to cook on the grill. The rest was the same old buffet, just cleaned up and slightly remodeled. The food wasn't any better, and some of it wasn't very hot, the same old story as before, and why we quit eating there.

Being hungry, I stayed and tried a few things, but I was not impressed at all. Rhonda said the same, and I doubt we will ever return, no matter what people are saying. A new manager or something that changes the entire establishment, then yes I would go back but not anything less will convince me to eat there again.

I should have known better. In an area where a gas station deli is the preferred eatery, what can you expect? I mean, it's like the majority of the people around here just do not appreciate good food. It makes me think of the movie, The Jerk, when they offer a vintage wine, and he hollers at the waiter to get rid of that old stuff and bring me a new bottle instead.

Anyway, I have a full stomach and I'm fighting sleep.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847897-Friday