*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848227-What-a-friend-we-have-in-Jesus
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#848227 added April 28, 2015 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
What a friend we have in Jesus
What a friend we have in Jesus. I thought about this a lot today. Out of my friendship who knows frustration, failure, defeat, suffering, joy obedience, love and.... I see my own life in the reflection. Jesus has known it before and in Jesus is the culmination of all that is human and divine. He came to be like me, which is the nothing I often see myself to be, so that I might go with him to God. With all this in mind I want all people to meet and know my friend Jesus.

As I pondered that I was reminded of the frustration that my Catholic friend Joy is going through. She struggles mightily with the recent developments in the Catholic faith and it tends to open up all other flies in the ointment. I think it is kind of like family. On one level we want people to know our family and on another I fear that others will not like me if people know who raised me. I am not I Catholic and yet I can connect with these feelings on a family level. My mom and dad loved to put on an appearance that we were the perfect family. It was far from that. Three of my siblings had major emotional problems and a sister was date raped. As hard as my parents and family try to hide from this it will not go away.

I guess it comes back to learning the joy of friendship. None of us is so beautiful that we do not need someone around us. That is what I like most about Jesus. He sees family and encourages us to see how our family can grow as we learn to be friends with those who might not know God otherwise.
*Wink*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848227-What-a-friend-we-have-in-Jesus