*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848308-Sexual-Assault
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#848308 added April 29, 2015 at 2:03am
Restrictions: None
Sexual Assault
During our Security table talk a young twenty four man came with the intention of teaching us all about how to deal with sexual assault. He had talked with a tall lanky security guard and was going to let him play the role of a woman who was getting assaulted, but something went wrong.

It started out well enough. We were waiting on the only female security guard on duty. For some reason she was in hiding. No one could seem to find her. Therefore the way to approach the subject was changed. We were told that we needed to take every complaint about sexual assault seriously.

Then he asked a question that seemed to put a monkey wrench in the works.
"Who usually gets sexually assaulted men or woman?"
Someone had the audacity to say that both men and woman can be sexually assaulted. The main speaker piped and said yes that is exactly what I was wanting to hear.

We were asked if it was okay to intervene physically. He went over the rules of the company we worked with and got people to say yes that in some cases that it was.

Things got real sticky after that. He made it clear that we were not to handle the situation on our own. He told us to call the supervisors and the operation center. They would know exactly what to do.

Someone piped and commented "and make sure you call the police. Who is going to be liable in this kind of situation anyway."
From that point on things shifted dramatically. The female guard finally got there. There was no skit. There were a few comments about what we might do if we saw something like that happen.

It was at about this point that I had had enough. Thank God I was called out to assist with trash pick up. I had been sexually assaulted myself when I worked in a psychiatric hospital and this was not a game. This guy was an idiot in my opinion.

Well the table talk didactic ended. We started with sexual assault and moved into the arena of plain old assault. The gist of the talk was that the more guards in that milieu the safer the situation.
Even as I write this I feel like this guy crossed a line. I left considering that wounds last and never go away. (that is the protection of those who have been abused). At the same time there is opportunity for healing and recovery when we learn what it means to be in a healthy relationship.

I guess that is one of the main reason I continue to lean on a God who wants us to be whole and in love with each other in a salvation context (safe) Without knowing that we are safe there can be no salvation.

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848308-Sexual-Assault