*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848267-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#848267 added April 28, 2015 at 9:23pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Look at the clock! No, it's not wrong, it's right on. I'm just home this early. I got home, changed out of my work cloths, made a sandwich and finished eating it, now, it's time to start my entry in here, and all before one o'clock in the afternoon. It even feels strange to be home this early in the day, but I can get used to it very easy.

So, what am I going to do with all this time? I'm going to go take a nap. Yes, a nap. I'm exhausted from the last few weeks, or month, or how ever long it's been now. Also, I was up past midnight last night, up at three this morning, and fighting sleep at work as well as all the way home. In order to even think coherently, I need sleep.

XXX


I slept very hard and deep, getting some much needed rest. I barely woke to the phone ringing. Well, it actually makes a different noise, but for some odd reason we continue to say the phone is ringing, a leftover from years gone by when all you had was a bell. Anyway, I digress.

I slept very well, and had my wonderful slumber disrupted by that evil devise, the phone. No, it's not always evil, but it seems it makes the most noise when I'm sleeping and in dire need of it, when I'm in the zone writing, and when I'm engaged in deep thought or activity. It's at these times that it seems the calls are always just spam.

Today it wasn't spam, it was the guard who is having some family problems. He is suppose to work tomorrow and Thursday, but called to tell me his son took a turn for the worse, and is now in a lot of pain. Still not a single answer to what is going on, and no response to medications and treatment. Therefore, he is not going to be back to work this week. We are in South Dakota, he is in Minnesota.

This means another last minute change to the schedule and no relief to the long hours. It won't be quite as bad as last week, since we do have another guard hired, but he needs more training before he can pick up all these hours. Another opportunity to let that pessimistic side gain control, yet there is a bright lining to the dark, ugly cloud. The guy we just hired is broke and almost homeless, he needs money fast and the added hours will benefit him a lot. So, the glass is half full for one person, half empty for another, and still in flux for me.

I just hope and pray that the little boy begins to heal soon, and that his family can soon return to a normal life.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848267-Tuesday