*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848466-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#848466 added April 30, 2015 at 7:33pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I'm heading straight in here today, since I didn't get anything done in here yesterday. I had a long day and was just to exhausted by the time I got home last night. Today helped, I was done work and out of there by 9:00. I enjoyed a few hours with my wife before she had to go in to work, and then I slept the rest of the afternoon away. But, I feel better; not as stiff and sore, and actually feel rested again. Just in time, too! Tomorrow I pull another twelve hour shift. On the bright side, I have Saturday off.

It was very nice to get done work and be heading home by 9:00 this morning. Once home I sat out on the patio with Rhonda and enjoyed a cup of coffee. Then she started brunch while I set up for our next schedule, in between cooking the pork chops, she assisted me and it was done in less than a half an hour. Then it was time to eat; this was the first lunch we have enjoyed together since the third week in February. That was the last time we had a day off, together.

Even though today wasn't a day off, it was nice to have those afternoon hours to share before she went in to work, and I laid down to nap. If things work according to the schedule, we should have a couple of days off together, next week, but so far things have not worked according to schedule. Even so, we continue to stay positive on this.

It's been rough, no days off yet this month for Rhonda, her last day off was March 31. My last day off was on April 1, but my last day off with Rhonda was back on February 25. I don't remember if it was an actual day off, or if there was work for me to do from home, there often has been.

It's amazing how much I get to missing our time. We are not just husband and wife, we are also best friends and share so much together.  Now, with the nice weather coming in, I find myself longing for time spent with her as it was in past springs. Morning coffee out on the patio, listening to the song birds as the sun rises in the east. Working side by side to clean up the yard, taking our breaks together in the shade of a tree, and spending evenings in front of a fire as we talk about how much e got accomplished that day, or perhaps discuss our plans for the next day.

Luckily, we have so many wonderful memories to share at times like these. We miss each other, me working from five until she comes in, working until five that night. By the time she commutes home, it's six o'clock or after, and about time for bed. Some days it's all day, I go in and open, work half the day and then she comes in and works the second half, until closing. So, until we get our schedule working again, it's mostly memories. But, it also means that when the time comes, we will enjoy making new memories even more.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848466-Thursday