*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848435-Relating-to-Movie-Characters
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#848435 added April 30, 2015 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Relating to Movie Characters
Prompt: What TV Show or movie fictional characters remind you of yourself?

=====================

From a very early age I found Belle in Beauty and the Beast to be close to my heart because she is a bookworm and she goes for the beast, the guy others cannot connect to, and also, Jo March in Little women. Jo March was tomboyish in the beginning, didn’t care about clothes and looks and she loved literature, both the reading and the writing of it.

As to the family, my only difference from Jo was that I didn’t have sisters, but I had cousins who were close enough to me for me to consider them my sisters. Like Jo, I found romance in the unexpected man. For him, Jo turned Laurie down, because she was true to herself. Laurie was someone she knew since childhood. Jo had love and respect for her life partner. She didn’t care for appearances or riches.

As to the ideas of women’s place, I always liked women in the workplace better than only in the home, and Jo was that in most of her story. Also, Jo's Aunt March was a controlling, critical woman whose favorite phrase was "I told you so." In my life, I had wonderful aunts, but my mother was my Aunt March, with a few wonderful assets nevertheless. I always thought Mom and Aunt March had some trouble with their brains’ dopamine systems. *Laugh*



© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848435-Relating-to-Movie-Characters