*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848589-THOSE-MOUNTAIN-PICNICS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#848589 added May 2, 2015 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
THOSE MOUNTAIN PICNICS
Blog City Prompt: Do you think food tastes differently when you eat it outside? Why or Why not? What are some of the tastiest foods you've enjoyed outside?


I remember in the 1940’s, my mother and aunts on family outings up on Casper Mountain, cooking fried chicken over campfires. The chicken came from our back yard as well as the tomatoes and corn on the cob. My aunt make potato salad with all fresh, home made ingredients. Asparagus, watermelon, onions, beans, peas, all came from everyone's gardens. My aunt brought fresh butter, creme and milk and eggs.  Another aunt brought fresh rolls she’d baked that morning.

Then that was followed up with apple pie and a couple cakes. The smell of the pines and high mountain air with the home made food, I shall never forget.

They used heavy iron pots and skillets. Dishes and containers were all made of glass or ceramic. No clear wrap or foil. Pots were tied up with fabric and towels.
What a different world we lived in.

What do you eat now?  >>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848589-THOSE-MOUNTAIN-PICNICS