*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848900-A-Little-Whine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#848900 added May 6, 2015 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
A Little Whine
I'm still trying to make the most of each day, get out walking and geocaching and counting my blessings, but sometimes we all need a little gripe don't we? I'll stick to five so it won't take long I promise.

*Bullet* I'm fed up of the weather. The arrival of May has brought the most appalling of conditions. Howling winds, torrential rain, steely skies mean very little chance to get out and about and the poor trees and flowers attempting to show off their colours and blossom are losing the battle.

*Bullet* I'm fed up of the election hype. I don't have to make a decision about who to vote for as I'm an alien and not allowed to vote, but the continuous hype is driving me nuts. Thank goodness it will be over tomorrow, though the results and post mortem will no doubt continue for the next month or two. Whatever the result, I'm sure none of us will wake up on Friday morning and discover life has changed in any way. Or any morning after that in fact.

*Bullet* I'm fed up of hearing about the new Royal. I'm not interested in her weight, her clothes, her sleep patterns, her nappy changes or her name for that matter. She's a baby for heaven's sake and it doesn't take any acts of heroism to produce one of those. I'd rather society focus on the many deprived and suffering children in our world instead of another over privileged princess.

*Bullet* I'm fed up of hubby's condition. I know he can't help it, but the continuous clacking of crutches, the ever present company, the sport and crap on television he watches at ear splitting volume is about to destroy my last nerve. I escape when I can, but crave some alone time at home and some activities other than domestics and watching the box.

*Bullet* I'm fed up with people who repeat themselves and keep relating the same stories and trivia every time I see them. It gets very tedious, particularly when the stories weren't that interesting the first time round. Maybe it's an age thing.

I hope I never get like that...

Did I mention I'm fed up of the weather, the elections, the Royal baby, hubby's condition and...

© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848900-A-Little-Whine