*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849373-Packing-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#849373 added May 12, 2015 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
Packing Up
Thinking of and missing my Mum as it's her birthday today. She's not been with us for almost seven years now and would have been ninety-one today. Strange how in these times that sounds nowhere near as old as it used to. I still miss her every single day. *Cry*

I've decided I do live life in the fast lane after all, although not in the social whirl kind of way. Just a case of days flying by at an alarming rate and not seeming to ever have time to spare, yet not feeling as if I achieve very much. I must be getting really old. *Frown*

But now it's all systems go as the next week or so are going to be very hectic. On Thursday I'm going to stay with my sister for the first time this year and am really ready for a change of scene and different activities. Hubby, son and two grand monsters will fetch me on Sunday and then we'll all be flying out to Kos for a week next Tuesday.

It seemed unfair for Mey Ling to be supping cocktails on the beach in Cambodia with lots of family and friends to help care for Bobby, while Paul has been in wet and windy England working full time and looking after the other two children, so in one of our more mellow, probably wine induced moments we suggested taking them away for a week.

So now it's all booked. A very kiddy orientated, all inclusive resort in Greece, close to the beach and hopefully sun drenched. I predict there's a heatwave on its way to the UK and Greece may suffer some form of freak conditions, but it's a long while since we had a break due to hubby's health problems. I may return tireder than when I left singing kid's karaoke songs and addicted to splash pools and bingo, but it's a chance I'll take.

Just pray there are no volcanic ash episodes, airport strikes or delays, lost passports, germs or infections lingering or disasters back home. Better touch wood.




© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849373-Packing-Up