*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849160-The-Beginning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#849160 added January 10, 2016 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Beginning
         4 in the afternoon. Finally after a day of chores, I'm glad I get to relax now. Just because there was no school today, the average Thursday, June 13, I guess it’s only a fair trade.
         Here I am alone on my porch just looking out into the sky, the usual place where I reside in the cul-de-sac: the exact middle with woods just behind the roundabout of houses. I'm glad to be in the Suburbs; much more quiet and tranquility than the city, which is ironically at least five miles away. But either way, it’s fun to go every now and then.
         The reason to why I'm alone is because my parents and sisters are out, for shopping. I for one think it’s somewhat of a pain, but it is fun sometimes, especially when there’s a sale, you know? My sister will obviously take advantage of that.
         Like I said, I have two, one older and younger. Eldest is Michelle, 17 years of age, at the six feet mark, taller than Mom (5’ 11”), but shorter than Dad (6’ 2”). She, well, is a more or less of the average senior in high school, but is a little too gossipy at times. Average IQ, but a little off sometimes, especially in math.
         Little Stephanie... I wonder how, but her intelligence doesn’t belong in her 3rd grade class. Just because she’s young, and smarter than the one in Michelle’s high school (at least 657). She already made so many things; I’m wondering why the government isn't taking her away. I wouldn’t want that though.
         They come back with needs for my help to carry a few things in. I wonder what took them so long. Meh.

6 P.M., and the sun is still not down. I guess because we’re not near mountains, there's barely an obstructed view for that. With the idea in mind, I decide to go to the woods. 197 acres give or take, of dense trees and natural pathways taken by many people. I had the idea three years ago to make a treehouse with Dad. He agreed and I helped out. We did the frame basics and I decided to make a few perks, since my sisters didn’t really go into the idea, but didn’t object either.
         A rope stick step ladder, since I got sick of bringing a real one back and forth, a long extension cord, a basic microwave and radio, lol. I admit, the microwave might’ve not been a good idea, but I manage with what I can, even if it does sound idiotic.
         What I usually do is just waste my time sharpening sticks for nothing. I guess I just like throwing spears and arrows with a synthetic bow. I have too huge an imagination; I even give victim to peer pressure sometimes. For some reason, they’re always successful to me. I somehow see the plan before it occurs and so I sorta know what to do.
         Once up the treehouse, I grab the knife and start sharpening until I gave way. Three spears and nine more spare arrows at least an hour later. I'm getting better as I go along. Now that the sun is down, I decide to go back home, feeling restless but against my better judgment to the soda and coffee, which I have a weird tendency to drink out here, I even hit the sack early.
         Even though today was a superintendent’s meeting, it’s kinda asinine to go to school tomorrow on a Friday, but at least this will let me get in touch with my friends. You think it would be a wonder that we wound up together one faithful day, but we pretty much were compatible.
         I say goodnight to my family and go upstairs to my bed, lying down on my bed not exactly looking forward to tomorrow, even if it is my birthday.
         Yup, 15 years of my life came and went. I can only say the same for a few others. I thought I was feeling restless, but after a while, I got bored and went to sleep. I don’t know how, but I'm usually a light sleeper. Albeit, moving doesn’t wake me up; if not, loud sounds will do the trick.
         I somehow though succumbed to a deep sleep that night. I can only say that the chores left me tired or something. From what I can remember about that night is the same exact dream I had for the last week. I was elsewhere, with panic everywhere and fighting that somehow involved me. It’s as if a monster was there somehow and cared not for us but the destruction of where I am; the whole world actually! Seeing as how I cannot win the battle, I surrendered and everything gets blown up, me and everyone I knew included. Even those I didn’t.
         I wake up, panting from the dream. The only thing calming me down was my pet cat here, Cuddles.
         “Meow?” she goes.
         “It’s nothing, Cuddles,” I say, “just a bad dream.”
         She cuddles up to me, hence the name, and it helps calm me down We have a close master/pet relationship. I got this kitty three months ago and she warmed up to me.
         What did that dream mean? When stuff like this happens, I think it’s a sign. What is it though..?
         1:30 AM. I’d better get to sleep. School’s fun, but, there is a slight drawback; no bullies, exactly, but enough that you need friends to handle situations.          I’m getting tired. The mile walk to school won’t help either.
         Good night...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2016 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849160-The-Beginning