*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849161-The-Next-Morning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849161 added May 9, 2015 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
The Next Morning
         6:30 AM of 6/14, I'm up, and I'm in a neutral mode, but somehow expecting for who knows what. I go downstairs and try to wake up with some coffee with Dad and a watch on the news. Both my parents work in separate restaurants and I have to say, they're darn professionals, dude! Matter of fact, they're even well known around the City and Suburbs.
         A few cloudbursts here and there but it was also told to watch out for signs of thunder, since they will get aggressive soon and it'll cause trouble for us here. No problem there; I’ll just borrow Stephanie’s impressive metal umbrella (did I mention that she also made random inventions out of the boredom and they are out of scratch?). It’s only the nylon replaced with a light aluminum alloy that can even act as a malleable solar panel. It actually helps to charge my phone (lol).
         Once Dad leaves, I leave 15 minutes later, 7:00 to be exact. From the end of a cul-de-sac to the end of the said by the people borderline that they feel separates the city and suburbs; how do I make it, I simply don’t know, especially since School starts at 7:45.
         Once past the block that reaches to the main roads, the rain starts to pick up. That’s funny. It doesn’t get this hectic that quick. It must be horrible planning of the meteorologists. Even Stephanie can get things righter than them; and her calculations are more precise, and at estimate, 17.59% more accurate, depending on her measurements.
         I even see lightning and thunder getting—Wait, lightning!?
         I had to run. I was standing next to a lamp post and it somehow conducted a lightning shard, which I was so lucky to miss, especially since the umbrella was just three inches to it. Screw it; ditch the thing.
         I just let go of it and yet another close call with a strike. What's going on?
         I look up, with difficulty, and see that the lightning goes in some sort of weird pattern. “What the—Ah!”
         Ugh! A strike behind my back! I weakly try to get up, somehow worrying that there's no one around (which is funny for a Friday morning on a main-like Suburban road). Now nearly on my feet, I get another strike, which was stupidly conducted from the fact that I was grabbing the same lamp post. So much for that theory.
         I am even considering myself lucky that I'm alive right now. I lay on the sidewalk, completely soaked and a good target to get seriously electrocuted. I just look at the sky and thought how stupid I was to try to make it to school right now in these conditions. The last thing I weirdly heard was some sort of roar coming from the clouds, I think, and yet another strike, lasting longer and more painful than the last two combined and I expire...

I wake up, in a null empty space. I know I’m dead but am I in Heaven? Then again, after all that I can remember, and read, no one deserves it exactly... well, except in a few cases.
         “Maybe not yet, but you just might be able to earn that position,” I suddenly hear. A woman’s voice, sounding majestic and mystical.
         “Is someone there?” I ask. But I didn’t make a sound. How was I speaking then?
         Silence. No wind, nothing. Where am I?
         In the distance, a faint figure; looks like a...n angel? No, it’s bigger than that. What is it?
         “Like you thought, this is a null void of space. As for what I am, young Matthew, I am a Seraphim Angel, otherwise known as Lady Marell.”
         “‘Lady Marell’? Am I dead?”
         “Not yet. You are needed for a very important objective we need to complete.”
         ‘Important objective?’ “What is it, Lady Marell?”
         “I’m afraid I can’t say right now, young Matthew. You will need to figure out your newfound powers alone for now. You have overstayed your time in this plane. I will need to come back later. Goodbye, Matthew, and good luck.”
         “Wait! Lady Marell!” I yell, but she disappeared from my sight. What does she mean newfound powers? What’s going on!?
         My conscience was getting weaker as I feel like I'm being plummeted somewhere. Am I in some weird different pane or something? Everything is off kilter...
         Suddenly, I wake up, back inside my own body and mind, I think... At least I’m alive. The storm stopped, weird, and I am drenched completely. I just hope I have enough to pay for these books.
         Looking around, I see that no one is around still and it kinda startles me somewhat. Must be my paranoia; after all, it happens every now and then.
         “What time is it..?” I ask myself. I look at my watch and realize it’s... 7:39!? “Aw, crap!”
         I look at the mile-long trail I have to take that isn't gonna be much help now that I'm this late! Leaving my bag hidden inside a hedge bush of one of my good neighbor’s, I start to run, despite the fact that it'll be proven futile. After all, I only need a few pencils. Today has an unfortunate test every period.
         Surprised at my speed right now, I just hope that I can somehow make it.
         Actually, I'm a bit too fast...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849161-The-Next-Morning