*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849178-Sure-answers-a-lot-An-old-Friend
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849178 added May 10, 2015 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Sure answers a lot; An old "Friend"...
         “He couldn't mean that...” Judith says, somewhat distraught. Tears were forming and she gave up what little willpower it took. “I mean, I can't compare up to anyone; even Charlotte looks better than me... He said I was pretty, but... I can't... he...”
         She took off running to the treehouse. The seclusion there would probably help. However, that didn't escape Matt's senses.
         (Matt) Lady Marell had taught me total control of my sensory powers: how powerful they are, their life force, alignment, and, if I really try, where they might be from, whether from here on Earth our Asteiniera. I felt Judith's energy going away, and I'm pretty sure it's not to her house, the directing of it is way too far.
         I think it's to the Gardens. It's the only thing of interest after all. Dropping my bag, I proceed to walk back but not before seeing Cuddles.
         “Hey, where are ya going?”
         “Out to see Judith. Something happened to her earlier and I think it hurt her.”
         She may have not liked Judith, but even Cuddles isn't heartless. “What happened?”
         “Remember when I accidentally stepped foot in the jock side of the school? The quarterback?”
         “Oh.”
         “This time, it's cheerleaders... and they were not friendly.”
         “You should go to her--” I nod and leave. (3rd for this sentence only) “--but you better not kiss her.”
         I follow her, far enough for her not to see me and I was right, she was heading to the Gardens. I wait behind a tree and see that she went up the ladder. Huh.
         But what I found funny was the ladder. I saw a few burn marks where her hands were. And as they go up, the burns progressively get larger and darker as the last one was nearly in flames. The smoke coming off of it was a lot. I turn to see scorched footprints, in the exact same shape as Judith's. Something isn't right...
         My thoughts were correct when I heard flames roaring and becoming fizzles. The f-- (Cracking)
         I then hear many grunts and yells along with... sobs..?
         I go up and get inside without detection. I could never have been prepared for what I would see..! Fire..! From Judith!
         “She's a Majeylin!?”
         So far, only one tree was down, but the flames were very weak. From what Maybelle taught me, someone her age should be able to at least demolish that to ashes. Note she's trying, and failing, to destroy another one. After much Fire being used and fizzled, she decided to resort to physical attacks.
         The force used on it scared me and the tears saddened me. I just to intervene.
         “Judith-- Oof!” Just saying her name apparently causes her to pounce me. What I saw probably would've made me wet myself.
         It's true what they say: hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn. The anger and tears coming from her eyes gave me one clear thing. She had a terrible life before.
         That couldn't stop me from blushing though. Judith had my arms pinned down and she was inches from my face. If anyone heard how breathless she was, this would've been an awkward scene. But I don't even think the fairies are here right now.
         And I'm guessing she snapped out of it; a few blinks and calming down, her blush took over her face and she finally got off of me. Meanwhile, I just lay there, dumbstruck.
         Raising my hand, pointing my finger, I ask, “Would that be the reason why you're so reclusive?” I felt a nod. “And why you didn't completely freak out before?” Another nod. I finally stand up. “Judith, when we're you gonna tell me?”
         She was facing away from me, probably unable to look at me after all this. “I couldn't work up the courage to do so, nor would I ever.”
         Well, I don't blame her. “But when did this happen? And how?”
         “It was 3 years ago, when I went camping...”
         “I was getting the campfire ready, but nothing was working. I heard a branch snap and I got scared. But really, it wasn't anything. My hands however went over the pit and the fire started. I didn't think it was me, but... I had no other explanation.
         “I later found out that it was me. Very strange occurrences have been happening around me and people blamed me. Kitchen fires, smoke alarms, burnt woods... I was always the culprit. People started calling me out and a... witch. It soon became very terrible that I had to move out of my old neighborhood; not even my best friend at the time would even look at me.
         “Seeing as how I wasn't the only one like this helped me a bit, but...”

         “Judith...”
         “And earlier today, with that whole incident... I just felt so ashamed and embarrassed that... did you really man what you said about me? Bring more prettier than they are?”
         I never liked being put on the spot much. My blush came back as I started to say something. “Uh, Judith, that, what, I... uh...” Or at least tried. “I mean, (Sigh). Look, Judith,” I grabbed her hands, “of course I meant all that. To me, there couldn't be anyone more beautiful in my eyes. You have a great personality, a kind and caring attitude, and are just overall charming.”
         Out of nowhere, I just give her a hug. She's shocked, but eventually hugs me back tighter than I was. “The last thing I want to do is lose you.”
         Letting her go, I wipe her tears away, finally earning a smile. Wow, her mascara is smudged big time. “To make you feel better, how about this? Would you like to go out this Friday?” WHAT!? You idiot! If blessing is infectious, we'd better be contained.
         But to my surprise, and I guess hers, “Sure. Thanks for making me feel better.” Another right hug and things are finally set right.
         (3rd) However, the scene didn't escape a certain fairy who was eavesdropping. At first, Maybelle was just trying to see who was messing with the trees. But after seeing Judith playing with Fire, she had no idea what to do. Refugees on Earth are mostly, if not, completely, all Lojarrs. At least 70 thousand are hidden all around.
         But seeing as she not the one qualified to do this, Maybelle couldn't do much of anything, either enrolling or stopping her. A tear fell down seeing as how the events happened couldn't be avoided.
         “(Sigh) You win, Judith. Have fun with him.”
         (Matt) Now that that little fiasco is done, we should be heading back. We do have a lot of work.
         With Judith in hand, and having the tree revived, it just hit me, “Is that all you can do, by the way?”


Gym used to be a hassle, but now it's easy. Oh, yeah, we never got the results for the race last week. Well, who knows. Lisa took an earlier vacation than us students and the video was forgotten. But am I able to cheat now? Eh, who cares; I'm faster than him a hundredfold.
         However, Judith needs not worry. Coming here this late in the year, she doesn't have to do all the other stuff that usually happens, like the obstacle course that's basic Ninja Warrior. “Figures.”
         However, today didn't go without an incident. While we were getting stuff to our lockers, I hear sneakers pounding on the floor. Oh, no. I know that certain squeak...
         I step back to get Judith out of her path and get tackled down, followed by a tight hug and a barrage of kisses. I struggle to get away and try to stand up. Apparently, this blond still hasn't learned her lesson.
         “Matt! You miss me!?” she exclaims.
         “How could I not?” I reply, somewhat sarcastic, but it has been feeling weird without her doing this every other day. Is her suspension cleared up?
         “Matt, who’s this?” Judith asks, referring to the girl in the pink dress. I get up and dust myself off. These janitors aren’t doing their job very well, it seems.
         “Judith, this is Hannah, she’s a... ‘friend’ here. Though she did tackle me before, it was a bit more... promiscuous...” Her face showed slight shock when I said that. Next thing I know, Hannah is hugging my arm. This girl cannot take a hint...
         “So... she likes you..?” I heard the dispirited time in her voice.
         “You kidding me!? I love him!” While who knows how it happened, she really does, but the feeling isn't mutual.
         “I'm guessing your suspension is lifted then?” I ask, fearing the answer even though I already knew it.
         “How else am I here, Matt? So, Judith, like, how are you liking the school?” It's Wednesday, right? So, even I'm not sure.
         “It's a nice school, much variety and to learn. How'd you get suspended anyway?” I can fill in on the details later.
         “Like, I can't even remember. That was a month ago, I think. But, I'm just glad that I'm able to spend the last few weeks of the school here with him!” Any more hugging, my arm would start losing blood.
         “Alright, Hannah, shouldn't you get to practice?” I forgot to mention she's a cheerleader. Thank God she's one of the few nice, smarter ones.
         “Right, like, how could I forget. See ya!” Hey bubbly personality isn't what annoys me, but it's starting to...
         “Sigh, that girl cannot take a hint...”
         “What do you mean?”
         “Hannah is... close to stalker material. I mean, I honestly don't know what set it off. All I know is that she has a really, really great crush on me for quite some time now. Actually, that's kinda the reason she was suspended in the first place.”
         “How'd it go?”
         Yeah...


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849178-Sure-answers-a-lot-An-old-Friend