*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849177-My-Current-Progress-Blindsided
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2041226
Yet another superhero tale, but it's original, ha.
#849177 added May 9, 2015 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
My (Current) Progress; Blindsided
         “Energy Ball!” A tree was destroyed and reanimated at the explosion. Any plant life destroyed here gets thrown to its original state.
         “Whoa!” Judith gets amazed at what I could do. Not as much as I would think, but otherwise fine. Then again, I'm not exactly trying to impress get worth this. Too cliché.
         “Is that all you can do so far?” I did term hey I was training.
         “Eh, so far. I'm trying to get this Lightning Strike move going. I can at least try.” I focus and try to collect my inner power. It's sorta the same thing as the Energy Ball, only a bit more complicated. Not only do I have to stabilize it, but it will need to be released in a linear pattern.
         I think she stepped back because of the power in trying to control around me. When I master this it shouldn't be like this then, or so I see. Come on... Nearly..! Got it!
         “Lightning Strike!” I point my fingers, mainly my index and middle, and aim at a tree. The power is then released and it takes all my willpower to keep it straight and linear. It destroyed the tree, but I couldn't stop it! The power..! It's..! too... much...

“(Gasp)” I quickly sit up. I looked around and gave myself a headache as a result. Judith rushed over to my aid.
         “Matt, are you okay?” I regained my sight and see her kneeling down, holding me up with a worried expression. I couldn’t help but blush.
         “(Strained) Yeah, just-- (Groan), I’ve been training day in and day out for that... why do I still get knocked out?”
         She giggles. “Maybe you’re not ready yet?” We both laugh, though mine was short. I needed to at least master that. I haven’t a clue how strong Retnil is so I need to prepare an ace... I guess..?
         “I’ll see what I can do then.”
         (3rd) Meanwhile, Maybelle was looking over to the couple sitting down with a look of sadness. She knew the rules; Matt was off-limits. Then again, it’s not the regulation the Seraph made; it just is. It wasn’t fair... “It’s not fair…”
         “I know, Maybelle,” Amber states. “He’s quite a looker and such a sensitive person. (Sigh) Just you wait; you’ll find someone else.” She flies off for completing other objectives.
         “No... I won’t…” She didn’t have a plan other than waiting on luck.
         (Matt) “We might as well head home; it is nearly time anyway.”
         “Should we explain about--”
         “Not unless they ask. But a little cleaning up--” I dust some debris off her sleeves, “and they’ll be none the wiser.” We hear wings flapping. “I will never get over the fact I have an actual Yoshi!”
         “Yoshi! Yoshi yoshi? (They’re home. We have anything to eat?)”
         Oh... uh... “What do you eat?”
         “Yoshi. Yoshi, yoshi. Yoshi yoshi. (Mostly fruit. Otherwise, I can eat anything. You should know me by now.)”
         Judith, however, looked confused. “What’d he say?”
         “Use your imagination. You'll understand him quickly.” Literally. He just says Yoshi.
         “Hmm... he wanted to eat something?”
         “Yoshi. (Exactly.)”
         “Oh, now I can hear him!”
         “Um, (Whoosh), here.” A huge watermelon. There's a section in the east side that has a farm full of stuff. I just chose this at slight random; it was the only thing big in the farm.
         “Yoshi! (Score!)” He eats it all in one... bite? I heard somewhere Yoshis don't have teeth or they're well hidden. Either way, one swallow.
         “I can tell that ain't gonna last him long. Just eat what you'd like, Yoshi. These fruits are easy to grow anyway, so they tell me.”
         I look around and see some tall grass. Hmm. Ah! A nest. At least, I think he'll be comfortable in that. After some rearranging, Yoshi now has a next near the exit, in the case we need him again, which may be soon. “Here you go. You can't be seen in public, so I think that living here is a good idea.”
         “Yoshi. Yoshi; yoshi yoshi. (That's fine. Now don't bug me; I'm gonna go raid the farm.” With my speeds, he's gone.
         “That's covered. I hope tomorrow doesn't go as crazy.” Judith agrees as well. Today was far from average. Worst part, it was her first day here...

Lunch comes and we're eating outside. Normally, the school would be closed for these reasons. But seeing that's is the near end of the year, I guess this is the result.
         Now that everyone has been informed, we agreed to only talk about it during private moments. Otherwise, we’ll look crazy, or spies can collect intel. I’m not sure if that’s for real, but better safe than sorry.
         “At least it’s a nice day today.”
         Nothing much was to report, just an essay and a worksheet. Wait, why am I saying my homework for? I have other things I need to do.
         After the day is done, I wait for Judith. She still doesn’t know her way around here yet. Then again, we never got the chance to walk back because of yesterday.
         “Where is that girl..?” I hear clicking. There she is. But why does she look rushed? “You okay, Judith?”
         “Yeah, let's just go, I have a few things to do and it'll take me all day to--”
         “Where do you think you're going!?” Oh, no. I recognize that voice. Jessica...
         I raise my arm in protection from the coming group of cheerleaders. What did she do? “You're gonna pay!”
         Jessica is captain of the squad. Stereotypical, cliché, and your usual snobby, for lack of being able to use the proper term, cheerleader. Blonde wavy hair, flawless physique, incomparable beauty; you'd think I'd fall for it but I'm not the quarterback or that type of guy anyway. Her two lackeys are basically the same, only Marie is a brunette and Heather is a redhead.
         “(Whisper) Judith, what did you do?”
         “(Whisper) I don't know!”
         “Hey, new girl, we have set ground rules here and you just broke them. You'll have to pay.” They are also very territorial.
         “Jess, whatever she did, we can probably work things but right now--” Pushed over, I fell on the rose bushes. Ow, thorns!
         But I try to ignore them and get out of there. Meanwhile, Jessica is poking Judith back. “You ever set foot on our turf again, I'll make sure you get humiliated so bad you'll need to transfer twice! If I ever see you anywhere near my quarterback star again, there'll be hell to pay!” Push came to shove and Judith fell. Oh, hell no!
         “Leave her alone!” I finally got free. I think her boyfriend caught a glimpse of Judith and made her jealous. Sigh.
         “Listen, Romeo, save your breath and your ass before I break it!”
         “Try me.” I bring up my stance, which is really a front stance feet position with my arms out, left further than right, with my two fingers up. Fighting here is somewhat condoned but the reason had to be not ridiculous.
         And I think she is because she runs towards me with so much rage. I prepare myself and commit a wushu butterfly kick down to her face! She gets slammed down with so much force, Jess actually made a dent in the dirt. Oh, no.
         And because of that, the two other girls start lunging at me as well. Yah! Shoulder! Knee! Elbow! Whatever that soft thing... nnnever mind. They're down.
         “My debt has been payed. You okay, Judith?”
         She was shocked. Not because I did that; she's over it. Is... that a... tear..?
         “Um, I think so.” I help her up and dust off her arms and skirt. “I... thanks, Matt. No one stood up for me like that before.”
         “Well, I can't stand by and let my friends be pushed around, now can I?” It really hurt for me to say friend.
         “Y-Yeah, right... friends...”
         “So why don't we put that behind us and let's get home? We gotta do the homework for history. You know how he can be.”
         “Alright.”
         The walk home was uneventful, though I did want to try to grab her hand. I think she wanted to as well; I saw her blush when our hands touched for a second. And somehow, this happened:
         A piece of the sidewalk is cracked and head a chip raised over. I wasn't paying attention since I was looking around for more alley cats, walking in various directions. The next thing I know, I fall backwards. “Ugh!”
         Something must've crossed her mind because Judith didn't see me. And almost immediately as I fell, she did as well, but... forward. Landed hard on my chest. That's three.
         She got up and blushed heavily when she realized what the situation was. Our faces were so close together, I could basically feel the heat coming off her face. Or, is it from mine?
         “Um, I, uh, I just--”
         “It's fine! It was just an accident.” She gets off me and I stand up. I dust myself off and look over to Judith, who's trying to hide her blush by obscuring it with her hair.
         I put my hand in her shoulder. “Hey, there's no need to fret. It wasn't your fault; I want looking where I was going.”
         “Well, yeah, but--”
         “There's no need to worry. I forgive you. Besides, we can't spend too much time on this; after all, they gave us enough work for 3 days.”
         “Right...” I think she's still thinking about earlier.
         “Hey, don't worry about those cheerleaders; I'm they're enemy now. You've nothing to worry about.” I see that is not working very well. I'm in front of my house so I give one last comment. “Besides they're not all that. You look prettier in comparison.”
         “What's that?” I spoke really low. But I couldn't answer because I just got in.
         (3rd) “Did he say I'm... prettier?” Judith felt slight relief but it wasn't enough to end her depression.
         “But... no...”


RaNd0Mk1D8o3I
© Copyright 2015 RaNd0Mk1D8o3I (UN: rand0mk1d8o3i at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RaNd0Mk1D8o3I has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849177-My-Current-Progress-Blindsided