*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849295-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#849295 added May 11, 2015 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
I'm glad I wrote in here when I did yesterday, I didn't get much of a chance after I returned home. I had an easy day, and since it was slow at work, didn't even have to clock in. But, my wife, Rhonda did have to work, and a long shift, too. I would have switched out with her, but I knew she wouldn't let me. Mother's Day or not she wasn't about to let me do anymore than I had too.

I was able to work this morning, but I'm off the clock now. Rhonda came in early to do some training with a new hire, and I got to clock out early, again. Pretty spoiled I reckon. Actually, it's a result of my fall the other day, and  having a lot of bruising as well as two confirmed broken toes.

Being off the clock means I can go home early, but not until after we get all the paperwork done on the new guy. Once that's done, I have to fax it to the office, then I can head home. So, for the time being, I'm just hanging out with the two dogs, in the van. The weather is cold and wet, so it's not a problem to bring them in, and they love to come with so much.

Speaking of weather, we had some nasty stuff come through yesterday. It was a cold, wet day from the start, but by afternoon, sever storms began to form all over the eastern side of the state. It was kind of interesting to see the warnings for flash flooding, hail, lightning, strong winds, and tornadoes on this side of the state, while the western half was under blizzard warnings. That's right the state splits east and west along the Missouri River, and this line also determined who was getting severe spring storms and who was under severe winter storms.

We came out fine, no serious damage in our hometown or in the town we work in. A lot of rain and some wind, but nothing damaging. We had a nice dinner and went home. Sometime during g the night, there must have been a pretty good storm move through the area, it knocked out some power and raised havoc on the computers at work. If it went over us, I slept right through it, and Rhonda must have, too, she didn't say anything.

More of the same today, cold, rainy, with storms developing all over this side of the state. So far it's been drizzling and light rain, some wind at times, but nothing more. It can stay that way, too. I don't mind watching a good storm, but I don't like to see people suffer damage as a result. Also, the farmers just got done planting, and any severe weather is going to really mess things up for them.

XXX

Update


Wouldn't you know, the phone had to ring just as I finished the paperwork and was just getting ready to head home for the rest of the day; my works done except to give Rhonda a ride home later this afternoon. the guy who works tonight called in, said he had a family emergency, and can't work tonight. So, up at three this morning, home by one this afternoon, and back in to close up tonight. This is going to be one long day.

I had a light lunch, and now I'm going to try and grab a couple hours of sleep before I go back in for another stretch. It's cold, it's wet, and I have a long night ahead of me...

XXX
Update II


Our new trainee passed with flying colors. Rhonda sent a text, then called when she went on break, the new guy is doing great. She was going to have him stay a little later tonight than what he was scheduled, but she told me he was pretty tired looking. Not so much physical work, but a lot of mental work for him today. Even so, she informed me he is doing terrific, and thinks he will work out great.

She also told me to stay home until it's time to go get her. What a great woman. She knows I'm not feeling very well yet, suffering quite a lot of pain after my fall. She also knows that it would be kind of a waste for me to go in and relieve her, adding yet another trip of fifty miles to our day. She stated that she wouldn't likely waste the gas to drive home anyway. I'll get up and go in tomorrow morning, so she can sleep in. Also, she is scheduled to have the day off, unless the guy that called in today calls in again tomorrow. He did tell me that he would be in tomorrow, and I'll assume he will, based on that.

So, I have some time now. I had put a ham in the oven a little while ago, timing it so it would be done when Rhonda got home. Instead, I'll lower the heat and slow cook it until we both get home later tonight. Nothing fancy, just a hot ham sandwich while we relax for a half hour or so before going to bed.

I'm going to be one tuckered pup tomorrow, but then should have plenty of time to get a nap in after I get home, and then the afternoon and evening with Rhonda. Also, since I won't be working tomorrow, just there to answer questions and provide a little on the job training, it shouldn't be real bad. Also, when we have two people on, it tends to go by faster. Tuckered, yes, but not as exhausted as I have been many times lately.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849295-Monday