*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849344-Two-blogs-back-to-back
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#849344 added May 12, 2015 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Two blogs back to back
I am glad to be at home with my family. In my case it is time spent with my wife and three pets. We have a blog(dog) and two that are not blogs/cats.
I am glad for the adventure.

Yesterday was spent at my son Tim's house. That was a different kind of sense of what family means. He was in a car and his wife was not far behind in her own car with the baby (Naomi), who is almost one year old. I was amazed with how quickly the baby went to sleep after she was put in her bed. I was told that she would wake up at two and was shown the place of her lunch. Sure enough Naomi woke up ready to eat with hardly a peep.

This so much different than the world I grew up in. It tended to be a feeding on demand concept. My son Michael and his wife have a similar philosophy. There may be something to learn from all this. The boys (Michael's kids) are wild and one never knows what to expect. There tend to be a lot of highs and low. With Naomi it is a very controlled and serene environment. She is learning what is expected and enjoys fitting in with the times offered by her parent. At the same time I was in fear and trembling about a parent book that they read. It talk about the importance of not considering how big the rod or how frequent the need to let the child know of a need for discipline.


NOT MY NAOMI!!!

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849344-Two-blogs-back-to-back