*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849769-Its-a-Zombie-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2035345
Day-to-day musings and wonderings of an infected mind.
#849769 added May 18, 2015 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
It’s a Zombie Life
Have you ever noticed that there is a huge difference in how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you?

Today, I was showing my mother pictures of where Zombie and I are getting married. I mentioned that although Zombie thought the food tables should go in one place, I felt they should go in another. She jumped on me (figuratively not literally) and told me that I should be careful and not try to take over the planning. I told her I wasn’t, she said…”yes you are, you are pushy.”

*sigh*

Once upon a time I was married and my ex had a lot of opinions about who I was. I noticed that because he reacted to things that happened in a certain way, it validated his perception of why I was responding the way I was. I will give you an example.

He decided I didn’t like other women. He had seven affairs and frequently would go off with female co-workers leaving me home with the kids. I would get upset.

Back to the wedding….

The area Zombie selected to have the food wouldn’t have any outlet for electrical and we would have to run really long extension cords to heat anything that needed it. Now we might not need electrical cords so it might be a moot point and the wedding isn’t until August.

Zombie and I will work it out, we are excellent at negotiating with each other.

But my mother… I love her, please don’t think I don’t. But it is hard to express yourself to someone who has misconceptions of who you are and how you deal with things.


Zombie Survival Tip of the Day
Graveyards are not good places for a picnic.







© Copyright 2015 ZombeeLuv (UN: zombeeluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ZombeeLuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849769-Its-a-Zombie-Life