*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850863-Summer-is-Coming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2035345
Day-to-day musings and wonderings of an infected mind.
#850863 added June 2, 2015 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Summer is Coming
So, we have decided to postpone our wedding. Oddly I am not sad about it. I am not a huge one for weddings and I am not super excited to get married again. It isn’t the right time. When it is I will be flushed with excitement and in a hurry, not wondering how we will figure it all out and desperate to win the lottery because there is no other way to pay for it all. There is no real reason for Zombie and I to get married…it isn’t like one of us is pregnant or in need of the other’s health care.

But this brings me to other subjects.

Lately, I feel numb, not excited or anxious or bad, just numb. And I wonder why. I know I am going through menopause, is that part of it… I don’t know. I need to feel something -- passion, anger, fear, desire, need.

I’m a writer, how is a writer supposed to convey emotions in their stories when they aren’t feeling anything themselves. You can always tell when a writers emotions are faked. What do you do? How to you become feeling again? Is there a way to fix it?

I have been thinking about doing something truly altruistic. Volunteering or collecting coupons and using them for food banks. Anything to make me feel less Dorian Gray and more in touch with the world around me.

Maybe I just need to exercise, get a therapist and seek acupuncture.

In the meantime…Summer is coming.

I have two family reunions, my son’s graduation for college with honors, my nephews graduation from high school, five birthdays, two or three pride festivals I’m committed to, Bumbershoot, and…sigh, how many weekends are there in summer? I think they are already filled. Zombie always wonders why I don’t want to go out with her and her Mom on there Saturday jaunts…well here is why. I have one season where every weekend is smashed full of events. And this is after we cancelled our wedding which was supposed to happen in the middle of all of this.

Maybe we should have a winter wedding…she is an Aries and I am a Sagittarius…a nice December wedding might be just the thing. We could have small pine trees covered in lights and xmas decorations everywhere, it could be quite charming…hum…the more I think about it…the more I think that next December might be the perfect time…then we could say…”Winter is Coming” on our invites…LMAO.

Zombie Tip of the Day

Zombies freeze…lock them in a cooler every chance you get.

© Copyright 2015 ZombeeLuv (UN: zombeeluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ZombeeLuv has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850863-Summer-is-Coming