*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849960-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#849960 added May 21, 2015 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Not that I know for sure, but I suspect I won't have time later to write my journal entry.  I base this on previous experience, and just knowing who things go. See, it's just going on noon here, and I have the rest of the afternoon and early evening to do what ever I please. What I plan is taking my wife, Rhonda, and our two dogs, Hyko and Hannah, on a picnic.

We made some potato salad for this yesterday, and today we will stop by my step-daughters and visit for a little while, seeing her newborn twins. Then, it's a stop at County Fair Foods for something to drink and dessert before heading over to the diner that will provide us with our broasted chicken. Once we have picked up all the goodies, we will head west, to a state park on the James River, enjoy a peaceful afternoon of hiking along the river, and dining.

It will also give us a great opportunity to check out the camping sites and determine if we want to spend a few days camping here. We have fished along the James, but further to the south. It's a nice spot, but limited access for fishing, and with the higher waters, not as productive as it had been. This campground may just provide us with another fishing area along the James as well as a camping area.

That just may be our next outing, a couple of days in a tent, along the banks of the James, enjoying the beauty of nature, fishing, and hopefully dining on our catch. Unfortunately, we will have to rely solely on our camp-stove because there is a burn restriction in place there, do to the very dry conditions. If we do camp out there, I will have to investigate further the use of our fire-ring. It is a bowl shaped container with legs, and a screen mesh that fits on top. Since it's enclosed, it may be permitted even with the ban.

For now, we don't need a fire, just a place to sit down and enjoy the food and the beauty of nature around us.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849960-Thursday