*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850028-BC--The-Gift-from-Satan--AKA-my-Neighbor
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#850028 added May 22, 2015 at 8:44am
Restrictions: None
BC: The Gift from Satan. AKA my Neighbor
Write about the "Worst Visitor" who ever darkened your door.





Oh, this is an easy one. It would be the neighbor two house down and across the street. You know the one who is constantly fixing the house because he is an out of work "carpenter". When he does get a job he throws a tarp over the half-finished project at his house until he gets fired from his new project.





So one day, my 6-year-old crashed a party of some sort. She came back home when she heard us calling, but he was at my doorstep berating me for negligence. He thought I was not listening but I spit it back verbatim. He said yeah, that's right. I told him not to worry, my daughter would not be on his property ever again and to leave my property. He has never been back.





The neighbor tried to talk me into using him for a roofing job. I asked how long her project was left half finished. When she said a year and a half, I said I would think about it. It at least got her project finished because he saw dollar signs in our house. The neighbor across the street and over one suggested that I use him for the roofing project. I told him that I would not cross the street to give him the time of day. My neighbor just said "Oh". I said, "Yeah."





One time, the wife invited my six year old over, and she wanted to go. I looked at her and said, can't you tell when you are being set up? She was six, so no, she could not tell. But she was a smart girl and figured out quickly that anything to do with those people would get me put in jail. So needless to say, that was the end of that.





I am convinced that the wife and husband wanted to stick it to me for some perceived wrong that I did. One day the reason will be revealed, but it's been 20 years and no, it has not been revealed yet.





I don't call this a grudge, because I don't know what I did to piss him off; but it must have been a doozy. Let's just call it mutual civilized disrespect.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850028-BC--The-Gift-from-Satan--AKA-my-Neighbor