*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850113-OPPOSITE-INVENTIONS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#850113 added May 23, 2015 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
OPPOSITE INVENTIONS

Blog City Prompt:  Invent an Opposite:
What is the opposite of a kiss? What is the opposite of green? What is the opposite of a train? What is the opposite of cake? What is the opposite of a fence?
Now use both the thing and the newly created opposite in a story or poem? Have fun!


KISS = SLAP
GREEN = ORANGE
TRAIN = WALKING
CAKE = DRY BREAD
FENCE = PORTAL


Inside the Tunnel of No Return
Cary and  Nathan make a big mistake.

Cary wore an out-of-style, frayed orange dress that barely covered her knees. Walking beside her, Nathan in old jean cut-offs and a spagetti-stained t-shirt, carried a small bag of dried bread. The two of them had entered the tunnel more than a day and a half before. Some people had told Nathan that the old tunnel would lead them to the Portal. Cary trusted Nathel so she agreed to go with him. She wanted very much to reach the Portal. She believed  that home, like a real home, would be right there when they went through the opening.

At the end of the first day, they stopped to rest. After they ate some of the dry bread, thirst overcame them and Nathan had to stop himself and give the rest of the water to Cary. When she smiled and said, “Thanks,” he tried to kiss her. She slapped him. Not too hard, but enough to make him apologize.

Now with the second day half gone, they were very thirsty. Some of the overhead lights were burned out. They had to walk through longer and longer stretches of dimness. Suddenly the last light that they could see blinked out. Darkness!
“Nathan?” Cary stared to cry.

Trying to be brave, Nathan said, “It’s all right. We’ll just feel out way along the wall.
When he reached to find the hard surface of the wall, it wasn’t there. He moved farther. Nothing. “Cary?” She didn’t answer. He listened. So sound reached his ears.  “Cary, where are you?” Only blackness and silence.

They had passed through the Portal without realizing.

Peace and Love (not in the tunnel!)...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small




© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850113-OPPOSITE-INVENTIONS