*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850063-WORST-OR-THE-BEST
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#850063 added May 22, 2015 at 9:40pm
Restrictions: None
WORST OR THE BEST?

Blog City Prompt: Write about the "Worst Visitor" who ever darkened your door.


I don’t attract that kind of people, never have. My visitors have always been friends, co-workers, my parents, and close relatives. Always had a good time.

When I lived in Hawaii, it really was a tradition to take visitors on the grand tour. Each time their wonder and awe at the islands made it very enjoyable.

In Tehran is always was close friends and my partner’s family who had adopted me years ago. Food, conversation, more food. And large groups for holidays.

In Wyoming it was lost folks on the mountain top, and people interested to see the Earthship we had built. Also we had a number of weddings out on the hillside with the magnificent view in the spring with the wildflowers. Nice.

In Carmel Valley it was always the staff and performers from the theater. Lots of work and little time for visiting. My parents came a couple times.

In Los Angeles, work claimed all the time and very few visitors as I was always out on location  or commuting.

In Canada it was the neighbors. Lots of shared food and conversation. And then again the kids from the theater company.

In Belize at the marina, there are always new travelers coming in their sailboats or catamarans. Lots of stories and great dinners with new friends. Don’t do a lot of entertaining on the boat, but owners and staff stop often for coffee.


I’ve been blessed...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small



© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850063-WORST-OR-THE-BEST