*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850584-BC--Power-of-the-Word
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#850584 added May 30, 2015 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
BC: Power of the Word
Everyone at one point in their life has a difficult conversations, some go well - some not so well. Think about a conversation you've had that you really wish you could have a do over? Tell us about it what you would do different?


This is rather easy. Sometimes when we are young, we think we know everything; but truth is, we don't know the value of words. There were friends I had in college and I thought we would be tight for the rest of our lives. Then not allowing another to choose spoiled the whole thing. If I had given myself a day or two to think, if I had called my sister to vent on, if -- if -- if. And you can't ever get those words back. Time and closed lips kill any of that closeness that I once experienced with this friend.


Even though the fight was over something that mattered, it could have been worked through. Because that's what family's do. And friends who are close enough to be family deserve at least that much.


I wonder how different life would be if I had zipped the lip long enough where we could work it out. And I certainly would have written it down and then burned it. Just burned all the vicious words into so much ash, which is all that they were worth in the end anyway.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850584-BC--Power-of-the-Word