*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850757-U30DBC--Murder-Mystery-Thingy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#850757 added June 1, 2015 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
U30DBC: Murder Mystery Thingy
This week, June 1 through June 5, will be a round table discussion involving the mystery genre. Pretend we are meeting around a conference table and talking away.





The prompt for June 1, 2015: . If you were writing a murder mystery what would you chose as a method of death?





What would be the method of death? I actually did a short story that tickled this idea. My idea was and still is to keep it up close and personal, like a chess game where you don’t take anyone out unless it forwards the game you are playing. Sounds very mafia, doesn’t it?


The idea would be to grab whatever is at hand to take out the target. I don’t know what that object would be until the story is in play, or even that there will be an object to use. I think that my preference for fair play and a hunt would lend itself more to bare hand, whether that is a fight or strangulation. This method also gives the target an opportunity to fight back.


I don’t like weakness in any form. Although my predator has somewhat of a sense of fair play in that he/she will give the target a chance to fight for their life, I still want my target to be as strong as the hunter. There would be multiple levels of pursuit where the tools of the trade to take out the target from a distance are not working. All the failed attempts bring the circle tighter where the predator must eventually come in for the kill, win or lose, it must be up close where the target has an opportunity to fight back.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850757-U30DBC--Murder-Mystery-Thingy