*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850935-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#850935 added June 3, 2015 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Another day passes, and night falls upon us. The problem is, it passes much to quickly! Not all the time, in fact, just less than half the time as far as days of the week go. Currently I'm working four days a week, and taking three days off. The four days I work put me up to full time, and it's through the weekend, the busy part of the week for us. So, the time should pass quickly, being busy; it drags by so slow, taking what feels like weeks to get to my next three days off. Those three days, however, pass so fast, like hours instead of days.

I know, it's relativity, and the story is that Einstein was asked to explain his theory on relativity, which went something like this. Sit and talk to a pretty woman, and hours pass like minutes, but put your hand on a hot stove burner and minutes pass like hours. I know, that's far from an exact quote, but the main part is there, as is the meaning.

The solution, of course, is a time machine. No, not one that whisks a person to another place in the timeline, forward or back, but a machine that manipulates the pace as which time passes. Three settings, fast, normal, and slow, are all that are needed. On the first morning I get up for work, switch that mechanical wonder over to fast and the day passes in minutes, then I'm back home and turning it down to slow, enjoying a nice, long, and relaxing evening. Then, the next morning, back to fast, and so on. The last day of work, after getting home, it's switched to slow until the clock on the wall indicates it's time to drive in to work, then back to fast. What about normal? Well, we all have those times both at work and at home, when normal would give ample time to complete something that is not really pleasant or unpleasant, but just a fact of life. Oh, and it needs to be the size of a pocket watch or wrist watch, so it can go everywhere.

This machine, like spell checkers, would be a marvel of modern science, and put cell phones down to second place on the list of gadgets to have. In fact, maybe someone could just design an app for the smart phone, and tie it right into the calendar and clock, so it could be programmed in advance.

Until then, I'm going to be running short on time and late getting in here when the day just flies by faster than I can keep up with it. Maybe such a gadget will never exist, but just think of the possibilities of a few good story=ies developing from the idea...

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850935-Wednesday