*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851050-Lifes-twists-and-turns
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#851050 added June 5, 2015 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Life's twists and turns
I made it through interview okay. I felt elated and confused at the same time. I am guessing that I am not the only one. *Laugh*

The interview did not start on time. That made me feel kind of crazy for a while. Where is the phone number for the church? Did they lose my phone number?*Confused*
Finally the phone rings, Phew!!!
It is great to hear from you!!(an understatement)

From there I heard the expected questions about how I understood the pastoring experiencing and my personal faith walk. I was becoming too comfortable.*Cool*
I am asked about what my present day getting ready for church was like.
You have got to be kidding me? I am not currently pastoring. I thought I made that clear before the interview. At least I thought so. Right or wrong I rolled with the punches and tried to think about what that meant in terms of my current work experience. (lAWKWARD MOMENTS!) *Silent*

It is my time to ask questions. I ask about what is there vision? Conversation about this lasted for the longest time.
Then out of the blue-I am not sure why.
"We have two homosexuals that are attending our church."(what do you think of that?)*Shock*
I confess. I was just a little shocked. I had been of the impression that there was no small Baptist church that would openly confess to this so early in the conversation.
I was used to homophobia. When I was a pastor in another small church, there was a threat of casting out anyone who would be a friend to this population.
I was honest! Wow, so much compassion!! I am not used to someone responding so positively to this population.
They go on to say that this population has suffered so much and they were wrestling with how to assimilate them into the church.
Here was a church of 40 people taking on this kind of risk. I will have a lot to puzzle about. I had underestimated what a small church might take on. *Inlove*
There was talk about how they wanted to be more accepting without losing there spiritual identity. They talked about not wanting to entertain people as an example.

Oh well, I got my feelings out and I feel better. I hit myself on the head and wonder why did I not make it clearer about what was going on with me. *FacePalm*
The closing statements were about wanting God's best for each of us. I have been changed. I am glad for the encounter. I have thirty days to decide and hear their decision.

In a few short hour I will have a cystoscopy. I am a bit terrified. I will have a male friend with me who has gone through this. My wife told me she wanted no part of it.*Sad* Then with something like a giggle. Maybe you will understand a bit better how she might feel.(about what?)
*Pthb*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851050-Lifes-twists-and-turns